Diy ca reactor

[When you are on RC, look for the thread by DJ88 in the DIY forum. It has become a monster thread, but it has had a lot of fans raving about it.

You'll see a number of posts by me as well, but I never did actually make one. :shocked:]

[:;):
Hope I do not start a monster thread Marc.

Short and sweet.
I bought a DIY ca from NickV and if you ask him, he could tell you where he came to get it at. Maybe?, a person is here local, (next door) and could show you the tricks. I am sure it is Kinda? simple BUT!!, it is a preasure deal and I have seen many a leak with the few that I have.
CoralHound does make one, Great one, but, again 1 slight flaw in his?,(yes a flaw) it leaks where he is building the Co2 bubble counter. His bond to the in and outlets are not preasure flawless. Maybe he is working on that? I know the rest of the dulle chamber unit I bought, works Great!
1 trick, bigger tank Co2- 20lb, less trips to filling center, a person can plumb the tank to another room, with extra long feed line, does not have to be under the Tank.
You might ask of the Pro's and Con's to running one, I think once you go there, a person should not choke it off the system. It is a long term tinkering project, BUT! WOW yes you can PUMP it up, the Ca that is.

Best of luck and read others posts carefully, this is preasured gas, could get a person and tank a bit tweeked out. If you got the time and dime, More power Ca to YA.

M&J T
ps: trying for shorter posts, being direct is a certain flaw for me, I tend to over explain with Long annaligies? :blush21:]

@Ant_Knee wrote:
[Here's a link to a DIY dual reactor. The author of this is the same creator as the Geo Calcium Single Stage reactor that many rave about on RC. [url=http://www.geosreef.com/reactordiy.html]Geo DIY Cal. Reactor[/url]] said:
[George, the owner of Geo's Reef, has been a personal friend for a number of years. In fact, I have the first CA Reactor he ever built for sale. You won't find a nicer guy to do business with. Even though he makes them available for for sale, he'll still be more than helpful to the guy trying to make one on his own.]

@Scott Comstock wrote:
[I'm sure some day I'll make one. Or two, since I have two tanks. :D It is just one of those things I've blown off as I don't have a real need for it, with as much B-Ionic as I still have on hand.]

@Scott Comstock wrote:
[I'm sure some day I'll make one. Or two, since I have two tanks. :D It is just one of those things I've blown off as I don't have a real need for it, with as much B-Ionic as I still have on hand.]