Cyclop-eeze feeding

tesfeld

Premium Member
Ok, so I'm in on the group buy but have never used this stuff. What's the best way to get it off the frozen bar, feed it, and how much?

I use a knife to cut open the package at one end, then close it and slide the bar into a gallon freezer ziplock bag to help it last longer.

You don't need much. Just cut off a small chunk about the size of the LFS bubble pack cubes, and let it thaw in a small dish of tank water. Add it to the tank. Or target feed corals with it. It's pretty easy to use, and fish love it.

If you would like to break up the bar into smaller bags, that would allow you to have the weekly feeding bag while storing the rest in the back of the freezer. I do this with many foods.

When making my recipe, I'll take a large piece of the bar (3" x 3") and use a knife to mince it out finely. This is added to the food processor to stir it into the rest of the prechopped food briefly.

I have a syringe with an extension tube and it works great. I just put the cyclopeeze in some tank water and it's ready. I can spot feed easily and it basically shoots right into the corals mouth.

Hmmm.... I think I have an extra syringe with extension tube! I will try to remember to bring it tomorrow. :D

I use the freeze dried and not the frozen 'cause I'm habitually lazy, but I just mix it up in a cup of tank water, then using my handy dandy turkey baster, I squirt it into the intake of my sump return pump, which shoots it out and spread it around my tank quite nicely...

I COULD turn my skimmer off for a while while using this method, but I don't...