Crack in tank

I bought a 116g cube from someone who post here on DFWMAS, and when I got it home I noticed that is has a crack on one of the side. It starts at the bottom and doesn't look to go all the way through the glass, but I haven't had a chance to do a water check yet since all my kiddo's and my husband have been sick. Should I save myself the time and just write the tank off?

Kayce

You can try to find someone to fix it. You will need to replace the broken glass.

It might not go through now but over time the crack can get bigger. Just like a crack in a windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
You can try to find someone to fix it. You will need to replace the broken glass. It might not go through now but over time the crack can get bigger. Just like a crack in a windshield. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
That's what I'm afraid of, and that is just asking for heartache if it breaks and I loose everything.

@opy01 wrote:
I'll do that, Thank you. I was thinking of selling it on Craigslist as a reptile tank too. But I have fallen in love with the size and shape of that tank. Now I'm out the tank and what I gave for it. I'm glad I'm going to MACNA, I need a pick me up after this disappointment and the disappointment with my 90g.

I know the feeling. The tank I had was thick, show quality glass with no scratches and the dimensions were perfect. MACNA should make you feel better [smilie=clapping.gif] .

I don't think I have the patience to wait for two MACNA's to pass before doing anything about this tank! LOL
If it can't be salvaged, then I will just have to try and find another one that I like.