Coral ID Please

This was one of the frags donated to the raffle. I was wondering if anyone can ID this, recognizes it as the frag they donated, or knows what it needs in terms of lighting and flow. Sorry for the bad pictures but they were the best I could do quickly . . . and also indicative of why I need that photography class.

[attachment=2]IMG_0582.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_0583.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMG_0584.JPG[/attachment]

As always good to see old faces and news ones alike.

Just wish I had Mikes raffle tickets for the frags though [smilie=wink.gif]

Looks like some really crappy pics of a cyphastrea. [smilie=rofl.gif]

It looks a little different from most of the cyphastrea I've seen. Green with a red circle and pink dot in center. I thought meteor showers were purplish with an orange center?

And yeah, amazingly awesome photography skills right?

I've seen meteor showers in many different shades. The skin I've seen anywhere from royalish blue to a very green teal. Polyps I've seen red and pink. But that's MS for sure. And it looks happy where you have it. Nice open polyps.

Thanks! I really liked the colors on this one. Looks like a mini-Christmas tree with the green and red. I hope it does well like my others that have covered the rocks they are on.

It looks like the one Jim had. You may check with him for info.

I keep mine in high light under t5s and it grows like a weed.

Tried searching for pictures of green eggs and ham coral or cypahstrea, red and green cyphastrea, meteor shower cyphastrea, etc. Turned up lots of pictures of different types of food . . . BUT I was able to find this which is pretty close:
http://thumbs3.picclick.com/d/w500/pict/350842008850_/Live-Coral-Ultra-Red-Meteor-Shower-Cyphastrea.jpg&w=500&h=498&ei=lokZUpiHMNKE2gWyyoEg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:11,s:700,i:37&iact=rc&page=30&tbnh=183&tbnw=184&ndsp=21&tx=155&ty=48

Difference is the "body" part of this one is a darker deeper green.

Drew: I'll check with him if he doesn't happen to see this thread. The stuff I have that covers up rocks is that 1" frag you gave me about about a year and half ago. I can't keep mine under control and it sits in low light toward the bottom of the tank. I moved a rock that it was on and some of it must have broken off because I noticed one polyp on a rock clear on the other side of the tank around September of last year. It was literally one little speck on a rock 7 feet away from the main colony. I had no idea what it was so I let it grow out. That one speck has spread to where it now covers a 3" - 4" area!

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377406561.284371.jpg[/attachment]This is green eggs and ham. My fav cyph.

Definitely not that one. The green is very pronounced with red and pink for the polyps. That one looks great though and I wouldn't mind hunting one of those down sometime.

We need a better picture, I know you can do better than that.

Okay, busted out the tripod and moved the frag to where I can take a picture more easily. Let's see if this helps:

[attachment=0]IMG_0589.JPG[/attachment]

White balance is a bit off so everything actually looks a little darker.

It's definitely a different color than my meteor shower(see my avatar), but the colors do vary from tank to tank, and colony to colony.

Drew