Confirm Worm I.D. Please

Can anyone confirm for me that this is a hair worm? Most of what I have read said they are good for your system, but I've noticed that their "tentacles" go up into my zoanthids that are on the ground. Does not seem to be bothering the zoas yet, but I dont want them to start. What do you think?

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-06/rs/index.php

IMG_0519.jpg
alt="">

IMG_0524.jpg
alt="">

That is a spaghetti worm, a good detrivore for your sand bed. It will do no harm.

Btw, that penny will kill it. :wink:

I've got a bunch of them Marc and I did not know what it was, so I pulled it. Figured better safe than sorry. I'll leave them alone now.

Thanks.

Hoss, if you end up with extras, I'm sure others would be happy to get one or two from you.

Like malofish, I'd be happy to get one some day. Be aware that if you get a butterfly fish, it will eat them.

One corner of my tank has a bunch of them. Don't see them too much elsewhere, but if they are good....I'll leave them be. Thanks.

Josh

I've noticed that they need a mixed substrate, oolitic aragonite is too fine and packs too tight, and crushed coral seems to be to loose for them to thrive. Sounds like you have the right mixture. I had the most when i did a 2 to 1 sand mix of bimini pink and sugar sized aragonite.