Co2 tanks in the area

Ant_Knee

Membership Expired
[Hello everyone! I've been looking around the forum for awhile...sorry so silent :blush:

Has anyone purchased a CO2 tank locally? I'm in the process of pricing up a calcium reactor and parts and wondered what was available in the area.

Thanks for all the help...sorry I wasn't able to come out to the August meeting for a first time look but my wife is nearly due with our second child.

Anthony]

[I bought mine at Airgas in Arlington, TX. They are located on Exchange Dr. but I don't recall the exact address. I paid $75 for an aluminum 5lb and the first fill is free.]

[Thanks Mitch, I just PM'ed DAS115 so if it's still around maybe I can get a deal.

Thanks also David, if still needed I will look into Airgas.

Anthony]

[Rite Weld on North Main in Fort Worth charges 11.00 to refill a 20 lb. CO2 tank. I'm sure that they are relatively inexpensive on buying the tank. I was filling mine at Airgas and they were charging me 24.00 each time. Rite Weld is also open on Saturday till noon. You might check with them about the cost of a tank.]

[Arcmaster Supply, off Beach Street and I-30 sells tanks, regulators, and refills tanks as needed. I've recently talked with the owner about getting the parts needed in case I do build a calcium reactor one day.]

[Thanks for all the info. I went ahead and purchased Kevin's (aquaholic) MRC-2 and it came with a 20lb full tank. Thanks Kevin!

For the future: is anyone aware of a place to get CO2 refills up around the Denton/Lewisville area? If not, what should I look for in the phone book?

Thanks,

Anthony]

[I get my tanks (5lb or 10lb) at a brewery store in Promonade Plazza (Belt Line and Coit). Costs about $16 to get a tank refilled (acually I just give them the empty and take a full one for $16) I think the $16 I paid was for a 10lb tank.]

[:;):
Rite Weld is now!!
$9.75 per 20lb tank. Just had exchange yesterday.
Best price in Town, than EVERY! town, close to DFW, at least that I know of.
Anybody coming in better than this price, please let me know. :laugh long:]