CLOWNFISH BREEDING MANSION

Lukshannon

Premium Member
Hi guys----this is going to be the log of my clownfish breeding tank setup--I considered posting this in the breeding section but figured that since I was logging a tank that it should go here....
That being said here is what my life will consist of for the next couple weeks

Bought one of the display/holding tank racks from a closing petco
Heavy metal stand that's all connected as one--Holds 6-10g aquariums
Built in lighting and tons of piping that will eventually be connected to one sump
All tanks are drilled

What I'm wanting to do is keep my breeding pair of clownfish(only 3 pairs) in the top 3 tanks and raise their fry and live rotifers in the bottom three

I'm going to hook the top three tanks to my refugium setup which will go under the whole system.
Plug the bottom three tanks overflow and return so that I can run air line tubing instead of the harsh filtration that would pester and kill the fry
And black out all the bottom tank walls(most already done) to ensure their healthy longevity

Overall I think this setup will end up being pretty cool and convenient

LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK!! [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=wink.gif]

Ps this is probably the closest thing to a fish that I would buy from a petco ... But that's a different story and a different post [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif] :)

It looks like you are having fun! I will be watching! I have a good strain of phytoplankton when you get to where you need some.