Cleaner shrimp with coral banded shrimp

I have a coral banded shrimp in my 75G. I have around 100lbs of rock so he is rarely seen during the day. Can i get a cleaner shrimp or will they fight?

There's always an exception, but the coral banded shrimp tend to be highly aggressive to other shrimp...

Most of the time when you add coral banded shrimp, with other more peaceful inverts, the banded shrimp tend to go after the cleaner shrimp. Especially if the cleaner is smaller and not in a group, you will have better luck if you can get the cleaner shrimp a lot larger, and then just keeping a close eye on the two.

good luck
charlie

as mentioned it may just be hit and miss as i have seen a banded coral shrimp with cleaners, peppermint and a small purple lobster but in a larger tank where they can have thier own areas. If you can get a larger one and they mind thier won business and space then you will probably be fine. do you have multiple caves that each could house? that may encourage the peace...

aahah crazy i just saw this post and did a double take as if i posted it myself, but instead of asking i just did it, i tried putting a cleaner shrimp in with my coral banded and he is one mean shrimp i ended up having to catch my coral banded out as i feel the cleaner shrimp has more cleaning value, as my coral banded doesn't clean fish he just snaps at them and tells them to go away. it wasn't going to be a fight those big claws it was bound for a masacre. just my experience.

banded coral shrimp are soooo cool though, lol...was he going after the cleaner or just aggressive if he got close?

they are so cool!! mines a good 3 inches too but hes not much of a cleaner more of a predator as i see him with brittle starfish in his mouth a lot, so i got the cleaner shrimp and man it was scary he chased the cleaner all over real sneaky guy too, he kept trying to grab the cleaner with those claws, i was tempted to break off his claws and see what happens but i couldn't bring myself to it. the cleaner is close in size but the tempermant of the coral banded hes just hardass ahhaha, i forgot to mention my tanks a 37g tall i think, so yeah im sure there more room in a 75g but i think its just a matter of time before he catches him.

I have a banded shrimp and a cleaner in a long 125 g with lots of rock, and oddly enough they both stay on the same end of the tank on opposites sides of a rock. Got them at the same time about 4 months ago. Maybe I've just been lucky, but they don't mess with each other.