Clean Pulverized Limestone Sand like this --->

monisa

Premium Member
After trying to mix the limestone sand with a pipe, I was exhausted, my brother suggested I purchase a paint mixture, so I headed off and found this "Power Mixer" at Elliots. $4.85 for this Medium size, Larger one $8.99. Comes in different 3 sizes, I purchased the Medium one.

Fill 4 or however many buckets you have half way with sand, top up with water, attach power mixer to drill, place power mixer in bucket, mix for a minute.
When done with a 1 Minute mix, "SLOWLY" pour out the water, otherwise you will pour the sand out, see pic of sand wasted.

Repeat with each bucket, I did +- 13-15 mixes each bucket, made my job a whole lot easier, definitely a winner on time and energy.

Some pics posted for you to view.

Pics of Power Mixer Stirring up the cake mix, goes from coffee brown, eventually to a light white color, after so many washes, i left it a bit milky as I was tired, if you have the time and energy, you could take a break and continue the process till satisfied.

The Power Mixer is metal and mixes the sand like a hot knife thru butter, no effort on your side, the drill does all the work.

[NB: Don't fill your bucket too deep as your power mixer wont stir the bottom without the drill going into it.]

[AS always, CAREFUL WITH THE ELECTRICITY AND THE HOSE, WE ALMOST HAD A DISASTER.]

cool ya i would just fill bucket half way and put running water hose in it pushing it threw the sand and crap and dirty water flows out the bucket

Well, the first time when I poured out the dirty water too fast, I lost a bit, about a 2L coke bottle worth.

Thereafter, whilst pouring out the dirty water "carefully", "slowly", "not tilting the bucket too fast", only the finest grains with the milky water was lost,
so when pouring out carefully, minimal loss occurs. :D

@the floor guy wrote:
cool ya i would just fill bucket half way and put running water hose in it pushing it threw the sand and crap and dirty water flows out the bucket said:
That was an option, but with the mixer method, there isn't a constant flow of water into the buckets, therefore, gallons of water are conserved. :)
Plano wants us to be Eco- Friendly :wink:

@monisa wrote:
[I]@the floor guy wrote:[/I][quote="cool ya i would just fill bucket half way and put running water hose in it pushing it threw the sand and crap and dirty water flows out the bucket said:
That was an option, but with the mixer method, there isn't a constant flow of water into the buckets, therefore, gallons of water are conserved. :)
Plano wants us to be Eco- Friendly :wink:"]

Plano should implement rainwater collection cisterns and offer tax breaks for grey water systems then they wouldn't have to worry about water.

Well, Ryan, I'll take that up with the city. :)

Anyhow, just wanted all to know that after all of those power washes, the tank sand stayed nice and clean in the tank, even with the pumps stirring it up
here and there.

So to conclude, the powerwashes would make for a very nice clean sand and the method works.

I am so excited this chore is done. :D

Does anyone have the link to the pics of the acrylic rod frag thread where pics were shown of how the rods are used to mount frags and place them in drilled
holes inside your rock work?