Change in Plan The birth of Seahorse ranch

Looks like it will make a nice seahorse tank.

Are you going to nextwave tomorrow to win some ponies? If anyone wins some and doesn't want them feel free to Pm me! LOL :wink:

Carolyn

yup going to next wave tomorrow, building the stand sunday.
We are planning to make a 4 inch lip in front of the bow with a tray that will extend the sandbed in the tank out into the lip with shells in it.

looking forward to finding some ponies to go in it.
Still trying to read what if any varied species of horse will go in the same tank as this one should hold quite a few

Been reading as much as I can on feeding stations. Care to share your success stories?

I am SOOO excited... yet a little bit nervous! :D

Thanks!

Ok a question. I am building a custom riser to add a nice effect and I have hit a bump
Any of you DIY folks adhere acrylic to wood?

Tim,

You need to make some sort of acrylic bracket and glue it to the back of your acrylic piece, then fasten it to the wood. I have some weld-on 3 (acrylic glue) if you need it.

Jerone thanks for the tip, I am going to give gorilla glue a try
Heck we have to throw in the towl tonight anyway
You made a great effort with the 3/4 inch bulkhead but ID was not my problem OD was and yours like all the ones I have are too big.

@TJay wrote:
Jerone thanks for the tip said:
I think it was a "Set-up." LOL He knows I can't just pass by and NOT go in and look at your tank one more time!

Ever since he met you Jerone, I'm seeing MORE and MORE SPS appear in our tank! ;)

On a serious note, Thanks for your help!

donna

@ScubaLuke wrote:
Looking GREAT :D Did you guys ever get your sand shelf built? said:
Yep! TJay built that puppy last week! lol

Filling it up tomorrow and will post pictures!

:)

Well, we painted the back two sides of the tank this morning and finished our Beach that sets in front of the tank! Pictures aren't the best as the water hasn't cleared up yet.

But... here goes!

What do yall think?? I know it still has a long way to geaux! (go) :)

donna

@extinguishfire wrote:
Looks very nice guys. The beach is nice too. said:
Thanks Chris! We make a good team! I had the vision and TJay made it real! lol

Not only did the beach add a personal touch (we are both such beach bums) but we used some of the shells we collected while snorkeling.

donna

PS... Dendrophelia sure would look good in the new tank, don't ya think?! :D lol