Casey's 120 gallon build

i started the stand 2 weeks ago and moved the system over form a 70rr last night. all plumbing done night before last and livestock last night. Casey

Looking good, Casey. Your carpentry skills look as awesome as the drywall and texture job you did at David and Nicki's place - It's hard to believe there used to be a wall there. Keep up the pics as you progress.

Lee

thanks lee , hopefully this will be my tank for 1 year then a frag tank after that. I call them "make do skills" instead of carpentry skills lol. Now drywall on the other hand i can do. I did find some new information that helped me with my paint finish. I sprayed paint with regular can which usually leaves a "frost" or gritty surface then i used 600 grit sandpaper by hand with the wood grain, then cleaned up with a fresh tack cloth. I enjoyed the sanded look without the clear. After several coats then clear, sand, tack cloth. Anyway i learned that many coats with sanding in between is sweet! Casey

I see what you mean. That is a sweet rock. Actually the corals make the rock sweet.

I don't think that the light will be of any significance. You can probably be a little more aggresive with how high that canopy is.

David did a great job on that tank! Very nice.

You may not need to even break that rock up if you can find the right spot for it. Are you going to build a cabinet for the skimmer?