Carpet Nem

So I picked up a Carpet Anemone for my clowns today. Im crossing my fingers that they will host in this guy. The LFS threw in a free Anemone Crab,he seems to like it alot. The clowns may not like him in their new home :oops: , please spare me some information, thanks.
-Lee

Lee, what kind of clowns do you have? Carpet anemones are known fish eaters, and not all clowns will host them..

They are false percula, I did a search and found that most will host them. They are currently swimming above it , given it the eye. Where did you here that?

Different sources.. wetwebmedia has a compatability chart, and my bible for lots of things clown related is Joyce Wilkerson's book 'Clownfishes'.

i have a blue carpet and RBTA's, and my Maroon Clowns have never touched the carpet. Probably because they love the RBTA's too much though.

IMO, carpet's are just fun to look at :)

I have lost 5 Bangaii Cardinals to it. Dumb fishes fault though. They for some reason found it fun to hover right about it.

did you pick up the large one from DNA?

Lee: This is a beautiful animal. But I have also read, from many sources, that they are indeed small fish eating machines. Good luck with it, and please keep us posted, in case someone else is considering buying one.

spar i saw that you wrote "I have lost 5 Bangaii Cardinals to it"

I just watched a tv show that bangaii cardinals will host in an anemone if a clown isnt in it..that may be the reason why.

@kuyatwo wrote:
spar i saw that you wrote "I have lost 5 Bangaii Cardinals to it" I just watched a tv show that bangaii cardinals will host in an anemone if a clown isnt in it..that may be the reason why. said:
Nice find!

So are they immune to the sting of an Anemone? Maybe just not Carpet Nem's?

http://www.aquariumfish.com/aquariumfish/detail.aspx?aid=9664&cid=3799&search=

some info near the bottom of the page