Can't find Dartfish

debdp

Premium Member
Last week I finally moved my three zebra dartfish back into the 60. After about a year they had gained considerable weight and they all got their eyesight back...although one acted like he needed glasses. But I target fed them and they were doing really good. Thursday night all three were huddled in the corner on the sand. I had rush work due Friday and saw 'fish' but didn't do a head count. Friday afternoon I saw two dartfish. I looked around for the third, but nothing. I have a lid, so no jumping. I checked the overflow. Yesterday I moved the rocks I could without wrecking the reef or killing something, and dropped a Tunze underwater light into holes and crevices to see inside. While shrimp and the mandarin moved out of my way, there was no other movement. I'm now wishing I hadn't moved them, but it wasn't fair to keep them in a 3 gallon tank (tied to my NPS setup) either. He was always the more skittish of the fish and of course the one I babied more, which makes his MIA even more heartbreaking.