build my led

moon24

Membership Expired
I have been looking into these lights and they seem very affordable and good. Does anyone know personally if they are worth it? Thanks

I like aquastyleonline kits.... have retrofitted them into nanocubes and etc...

~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~

I am currently running metal halide and they do run hot. So i can just imagine the cost savings in the long run for led's. But I know there are always people who prefer MH over Led's so I'm just trying to test the waters and see whats out there while still staying within a budget,

They are a good option. Check out their website and post on the forum what your current setup is and they will recommend what you will need in their lighting choices. Nick is a great service rep and will shoot you straight. There are a few guys on here running these lights.
Another option is Reefbreeders LED. This is what I went with. They are great to work with and have a great product. You can check out our thread on them.
http://dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=109244

I don't think they are as big of a sabings as people think

~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~

@FatWrasse wrote:
I don't think they are as big of a sabings as people think ~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~ said:
The savings depend on what you are running currently. The above fixture has 56 3 watt leds running a total of 168 watts, even a 150 MH bulb will use more energy when you factor in the start up current surges along with the 9-12 month replacement cost of the MH bulb. You also take into account any additional cooling method's you may no longer need 100% along with less top off water needed. You also can program your home AC to run warmer when noone is home. There are a lot of small thing's that add up when running MH's.

Cheers,

plus LED's are more fun. You can adjust them to what ever color you like at any time. Its something else to play with.

I'm running the build my led light units on my tank (link to build in signature). They're great and would recommend them to anyone.