Bubble Magus near disaster

Laser

Membership Expired
Out of town in Pittsburgh and notice on my apex camera a white looking substance under sump. Check all status and good. Call wife and she says that one of the containers that houses the ALK is empty. It appears that the RO tubing split about 1" missing the sump and dumping the entire contents next to the sump. Good News Is: if it went into sump I would have come home and been out of the hobby..Has anyone else run into problems with RO tubing and dosing ALK or Calcium? Have I missed something in research?
Thank you Murphy for not destroying my tank this time!!

RO tubing is really dense stuff, I'm surprised to hear this so I'd imagine something else happened to it to cause that. Like getting crushed under something, stepped upon, or possibly already had a cut in the tubing before it was put into use. And now it finally gave way...? There's no pressure with this stuff. Or do you mean the tubing that runs through your dosing pump?

wife just sent me a pic and after she messed with a little where she thought the cut was she ended pulling off the ro tubing from the suction side of one of the perelistic pumps. The connector piece where you connect the ro tubing to the tubing that runs through the pump. It must have been cracked somehow then slowly leaked and when air hit it emptied the container through suction. She has it turned off now and I will have to inspect and probably move the doser from under stand to more easily accessed place in fish room. I suspect one of the kids must have yanked on the ro tubing to cause the breakage of the fitting.

Yes the tubing that is on the doser will eventually crack over time. Is the doser above the height of the containers if the tubing cracks usually does not create a siphon and nothing is sucked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might look into leak frogs I have one in my stand in case something starts leaking.

@kuyatwo wrote:
Might look into leak frogs I have one in my stand in case something starts leaking. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
That is awesome!!! Where did you get them? I see Woot has deals for around $10-$15, but nothing right now. Amazon is selling them for $56!!!! I see a Groupbuy in the future!!!!

@Sherman wrote:
[I]@kuyatwo wrote:[/I][quote="Might look into leak frogs I have one in my stand in case something starts leaking. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
That is awesome!!! Where did you get them? I see Woot has deals for around $10-$15, but nothing right now. Amazon is selling them for $56!!!! I see a Groupbuy in the future!!!!"]
I bought mine on woot came as a three pack. Home Depot and lowes have them they don't look like a frog.... They are called water leak alarms

Fry's sells an alarm kind, as does Harbor Freight. It's about $6-7, and uses two or three AAA batteries. When the sensor gets wet, it wails.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/water-leak-alarm---set-of-3/12551?defattrib=&defattribvalue=&listIndex=0

$20 for set of 3