Bristleworms and Clams

There was a great speaker last year at nextwave that talked about clams... I dont remember his name...

but basically if you dont know about the clam your buying....read more!! lol sorry had to say that.. clams with thicker shells at the bottom typically like sand because they use that as an anchor and clams with small shells toward the bottom typically like to attach to rocks.

here is a cross section of a typical rock dweller and typical sand dweller... you can see the huge differences.

When I first got him he moved around for about a week and finally picked a spot. I put lots of smaller rocks in the sand underneath it and it's already attached to a rock. It found its way back to that same spot in the sand. Crazy

I've done plenty of reading on clams and waited for almost six months to buy one. It was doing fine once it got settled in and attached. It was just yesterday that it started to look bad. It must really like that spot since it moved halfway across the tank back to that same place. Apparently it likes the sand so I will leave it alone. I really have a feeling that the bristleworm had something to do with it. I'll do more research and see if I can't find any information about this.

Looks like its not the bristleworms afterall. Hopefully it pulls through. I don't know what caused it to do this.

http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/snails-crabs-others/2354-bristle-worms.html