Bounce Mushrooms

digital_gods

Membership Expired
People are reporting the new hot coral trend is bounce mushrooms. Don't believe me, look on ebay. Here is a video explaining what they are. https://youtu.be/ABEylgC8bAs

LOL been a trend for a good 6 months or so. Personally, I don't get the draw, but people buy what they like and pay what they are comfortable with. These corals may be the new thing, but I really do think this is a case of the collector cadre "Jumping the Shark" to find the latest and greatest.

Not really the new hot coral, as stated, the WWC bounce has been around for a few years. What really got it going though was the selling of a couple of WWC bounces for $6k to $7k last year. Once the suppliers see this they start looking for anything with a bubble hoping to cash in. You are now starting to see more shrooms with the bubbles at the $200+ price range. To me they don't seem to be selling all that fast. Most people still want the OG WWC bounce. Of course this also brings out all the people that like to complain that anyone that pays these prices are ruining the hobby. Then there was a recent article that claimed that intense lighting was what caused the bubbles which hasn't been proven. One guy actually claimed he had "bounce" shrooms for years in his tank and he could turn any rhodactis into a bounce. Of course proof was never offered and after looking at his other threads, I see he also claims he can get rocks covered in high dollar polyps such as the hallucination polyp for just a few bucks per polyp. Again he never shows any proof.

So I think bounces are popular right now but I wouldn't say "hot". Now the OG WWC bounce you could probably call it "hot". It was requested many times in the last WWC live sale, but they didn't have any.