Blue Star Leopord Wrasse

dport02

Premium Member
I read these are the few of of the leopord wrasse species that are actually hardy and can survive without expert care.

Any thoughts/experiences?

They do well in established tanks with lots of pods and no competition for pods etc. If you have any other wrasses, you'll need a pod farm in a refuge or supplement it by feeding pods to the tank.

@DaveJ wrote:
They do well in established tanks with lots of pods and no competition for pods etc. If you have any other wrasses said:
I've got a refugium and also have a Melanarius and a Scooter Blenny so there are 1 (and maybe 2) who might compete but my pod life is thriving in the refugium.

@dport02 wrote:
[I]@DaveJ wrote:[/I][quote="They do well in established tanks with lots of pods and no competition for pods etc. If you have any other wrasses said:
I've got a refugium and also have a Melanarius and a Scooter Blenny so there are 1 (and maybe 2) who might compete but my pod life is thriving in the refugium."]

How big is the tank?

@DaveJ wrote:
[I]@dport02 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@DaveJ wrote:[/I][quote="They do well in established tanks with lots of pods and no competition for pods etc. If you have any other wrasses said:
I've got a refugium and also have a Melanarius and a Scooter Blenny so there are 1 (and maybe 2) who might compete but my pod life is thriving in the refugium."]

How big is the tank?"]