Bit for drilling acrylic? - Dremel or router

[Need to drill a hole for a 2" bulkhead in an acrylic sump. Wondering what type of bit to use? Either for a dremel tool or router.]

[I used a hole saw and my 18v drill. Key is to hold it level and steady, let the drill do the work.

That said, it didn't work very well :/ I don't think I had the right type toothed bit for the job.]

[Well I went to the Dremel site. Looks like there are a number of cutting bits that will work. I already have the router attachment for it. However I am thinking that the cutting it on my router should work as well. Need to get some acrylic to try it on first.]

[I use hole-saws all the time. A router will do a nice job if you have a template to work with.]

[I used a wood hole saw with a variable speed drill to cut 3 bulkheads in my 55. I thought it worked great, but, here are a few tips to help;
1. Make sure the drill, dremel, whatever, is varialbe speed so you can use slower speed. If you use too fast rpm you will just melt the crap out of your tank.
2. Drill from both sides. Start side one and go about 1/2 to 3/4 through, then switch to the other side and finish. This gives a much cleaner cut and prevents breakout around the edge of the hole.
3. Don't force it-let the bit do its job. Too much pressure will cause breakout damage when the bit cuts through. It can also cause the bit to jamb which could break the bit, the drill, the tank, or, even your arm! :lol:
4. Don't sweat it! It is easier than you might think.

Good luck! :beer:]