Bionic 2-part?

[I would like to know how many of you use this product? Likes or dislikes? Do you dose the recommended amount- more or less? Is it necessary to dose daily? I would like to know as much as y'all can tell me!
Thanks! :D]

[I've been using it with great success for over a year.

My 29g uses 20ml of each part every day. You are supposed to add it in the morning when your pH is lowest, but that doesn't fit my schedule, so I always at it at night after lights are out.

At first, you will need to test your tank daily to get the right amount figured. You want your alkalinity at 8-11 dKH, and your Calcium at 400-450ppm.

Mine is at 9.6 and 420 respectively last weekend. Time for another test.]

[Ok just a few more questions, please :) Does it affect your ph? Is it neccessary to use equal amounts? My alk is fine but Calc is low. Keith, is that why you use kalk also?? ???]

[Yes, you are supposed to use it in equal amounts.
Yes, it will raise your pH.

If you are only wanting to raise your Ca, you might try the Ca based Reef Builder by SeaChem.]

[I drip Kalk at night to keep my pH up and it keeps my Cal. up. I have found that B ionic by itself does not keep my levels high enough. I like them higher then most people I guess I keep my DkH at 12 and my Cal at 400 - 450. Thats just what I do its not for everyone. (I also find it to be cheaper I was useing the 2 gallon B ionic every 4 months or so.)

Keith]

[Thanks so much guys! I am going to order the kent aquadoser to hopefully make this a bit easier on myself. I've never had trouble keeping my Ca up untill now, so I was kindof thrown for a loop. I already started the bionic but I think I will look into the Seachem reefbuilder. My alk is already 12.5 so Im not sure I should be supplementing that?
Thanks again!]

[B-ionic will buffer the Alk so I would not worry about that, just make sure you dont over dose it and you will be fine.

Keith]

[I used to dose Kalk. To much trouble and when I go on the road is doesn't buffer. I just started using B-ionic all the time.

Before a had a CAP POWERHEAD burnup and kill my tank I was using 15ML every 2 days on a 55G. I had so much colaline alge I was using a razor blade on it. Keep in mind the tank was 8months old.

Good stuff. I've got the 2 fishes A+B right now, Marine Depot was out of b-ionic. They say it's the same stuff. We'll see.]

[I believe the best two-part calcium is made by Warner Marine it is called CalxMax A&B. That is what I personally use.
Scott
I guess I should add that this is just opinion, but I have used this product for over three years with very good results.]

[Hi,
I ran out of B-ionic about a month ago,
but I changed the direction of my powerhead to get
more surface movement and I get more evaporation.
My calicium has be over 450 this whole time using
kalk in my autotopoff, But I have to add reef builder ever
few days to keep the alk up.
Question- Do I cancel my order for the large size B-ionic
and just use kalk and reef builder for now on?
:O]

[This is the alternative. Using Kalkwasser will help maintain those levels, but since I don't have a dosing pump installed, I won't take the chance of a kalking disaster in my tank with it entering all at once.]