Biocube29 Media Basket Diminsions

We received the intank media basket for the BC29 and I'm 110% sure its not the right size. its measuring 14in tall width is fine though. Can anyone verify what the height of the media basket is? Thanks

Intank sells two different BC29 baskets. I think one is about an inch taller than the other. Just depends on the manufacturer. Either oceanic or coralife.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

13.4" Tall3.5" Wide3.1" Deep on the Oceanic Media Basket.

14 - 1/8" Tall3 - 1/2" Wide3 - 1/8" Deep Coralife

its the coralife version but to raise the water level even with the media basket seems like it would flow over the back.

Are you able to post a pic? You have the media basket in the middle chamber correct? I haven't had a biocube in a few years, but I recall having to knock out a false floor in one of the chambers. Seems like it was the first.

@Arm0211 wrote:
its the coralife version but to raise the water level even with the media basket seems like it would flow over the back. said:
You don't want to raise the water level to the same height as the media basket. The water level should stay below the top "shelf" in the media basket where the filter floss usually sits.

might be a stupid question then, if the water level is below the top of the shelf how will water flow and get to the filter floss?

@Arm0211 wrote:
might be a stupid question then said:
With the media basket in the center section, the water flows over the wall from the 1st section (on the right side, looking towards the tank from the front) and down through the filter floss. It then goes under the wall into the return section, on the left side of the tank. The water level in the center and the return section will stay the same, so you want to make sure that the return section has plenty of water (ignore the lines in the "window" on the side of the tank if they still have those) but you don't want it to be completely full. The water level needs to be lower than the filter floss, sitting on the top of the media basket.

There's a picture with the water flow diagram here:
http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Coralife-Biocube-29-Media-Basket-CL29MR.htm

Edit:
As far as the false bottom in chamber two, where the media basket goes, I took it out on my BC14, but I haven't done it on the Oceanic 29. I do remember having to push really hard to get it to come loose, though. It wasn't easy.

There was a false bottom in chamber 2 that was causing the confusion. With the false bottom in place the media basket was about an inch over the wall separating the first two chamber. it was super easy to pop out though.

Thanks!