Best way to remove Valonia?

I did a few searches, and it looks like you can insert a syringe and suck out the insides, or just pluck them off. I grabbed this one and it seems kinda squishy, I'm afraid I'll pop it if I pull too hard. How tuff are they to pop? Secondly, this is Valonia, isn't it? :evil: I know, I should have plucked it a long time ago probably. :oops:

algeabubble2.JPG
alt="">
algeabubble.JPG
alt="">

Secondly, where can I get a syringe that will work? heh

Hi Damon,

I would remove the rock from the tank and strape it off with a knife. Make sure to get all of what's left off before placing it back in the tank. I would also rinse it with tank water after you remove it... to prevent those spores from getting into your tank water. I had a big valonia problem at the beginning of the year... i removed all the rocks that had them and scraped them off and did a rinse.. and none have returned... thank god!!

Demi

@dnkygirl wrote:
Hi Damon said:
Ha! Thanks for the advice Demi, I often forget the obvious solution and try to come up with some hairbrained scheme for some reason. :lol: I'll pull the rock out and snatch it off tomorrow. Maybe I'll try to propogate some of those zoo's while I'm at it. heh

@Boyou wrote:
I say pop it and see what comes out! said:
Very funny! We can put it your tank and see what happens when it pops. :shock:

I've popped plenty of them in the past without having them spread. I usually just give them a twist and they come off. Technically it's not Valonia, but everybody calls it that.

haha ya'll act like its a plague or something....there
is no way I'm pickin' rocks out of my tanks....I pluck the "captain's eyes" (the slang term) out with long tweezers...typically they don't pop but if they do, big deal.

I don't have much of a problem with them. Just pluck it b4 each water change if you see one.