Best powerhead for my setup

FiberglassMonkey

Premium Member
Looking for input on current flow. Tank is 30x24x18 will be a mixed reef with alot of sps. I was looking at 2x tunze 6040 as they should be plenty of flow, but would a mp40 or 6095 be a better option? Used equipment budget is 250$. All input appreciated. 

Reef Octopus is coming out with some really nice powerheads.  Price point is around 250.  They look a lot like the Neptune WAV pumps.  Rossmont also has some really nice pumps coming out that are pretty inexpensive.  iOS compatible and can be controlled via Apple Watch.  You should come to the MACNA recap meeting in September.  We will be going over all the new products unveiled at MACNA.

Posted by: FiberglassMonkey Looking for input on current flow. Tank is 30x24x18 will be a mixed reef with alot of sps. I was looking at 2x tunze 6040 as they should be plenty of flow said:
I personally prefer having multiple pumps for flow but it's just a preference. I personally run Jebao pumps and don't really have any complaints. Tunze's and MP's are supposed to be pretty great but I've never personally used them. 

Been a while but as an update I went with a tunze 6208 nano wavebox and 6040 nano powerhead. Tank is still dry at the moment so don't know how the flow is.