ballast problem??

I have a jbj nano cube and it has two sets of lights in the hood (standard lighting). One went out, so I went and got a replacement today and put it in, but it didnt work. To check if it was that bulb, I put the new bulb into the other light socket and it worked. I checked the other bulb that was working on the other socket, and it didn't work either. Why could one of my sockets not be working? Anyone have any suggestions I could try. I really hope I do not have to buy a whole other hood; my tank is not even a year old.

probably your ballast but since i am not familiar with this particular setup make sure it doesnt have fused that can be blown and it could potentially be your wiring but not very likely. Best guess would be the ballast. I am assuming this is a pc setup. If so you could very cheaply put a fulham ballast in its place.

Thanks for the reply. I feel like a dumby now; when I checked the ballast, I saw that it had fell and one side of it came unplugged. Problem solved.

Don't feel bad we all do stuff like that.

I once thought my tank had cracked and a snail was just blocking the overflow.

I replaced my dual RO membranes on my Merlin ($200) when all I needed was a $10 set of prefilters to be replaced, etc

I could go on and on and on!