AZ-NO3

thedocisin

Premium Member
I purchased this new product which claims to reduce nitrates. After reading the ingredients ( a novel concept for marine aquarium products!) and reading the directions, it appears this is the equivalent of vodka dosing. It contains sugars and enzymes involved in fermentation. Anyone have experience with this product or a strong believer in vodka dosing for nitrate control? Yes, I do water changes, just not as often as I should. Mark

Yes, I used it and it dropped my Nitrates to 0. It took a while because I dosed at half the recommended dosage. This meant I had to use more product and cost more money in the long run, but it definitely worked. It dropped them from 65ppm to 0.

Here's the thread from 2007: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36902&p=305143&hilit=azno3#p305143

Thanks for the thread reference. I'm a week into it and I may slow down the escalation a bit. Didn't catch the part about having to wean it, but I guess if you have a huge bacterial load suddenly starving it could cause problems. I'll give an update after a week or two.