ASM skimmer question/help

Alright so ive got a question about asm skimmers, not sure if all skimmers are like this but... ive had one of my asm skimmers on my 60g system for about a month, and for the first few weeks it was foamy and what not and now it isnt.. its just bubbles at the neck of the collection cup..

As for my asm g3, i got my pump in on Monday and put my skimmer to work. it did well for the first day w/ foam and everything, but same problem as my other skimmer..just bubbles now at neck of collection cup!

my water level is about 8 1/2 in.
there is no salt creep or anything blocking the air inlet.
put the pumps in warm water w/ vinegar tonight to see if that would help any.

does anybody know what i can do to fix that??

@dfwminis wrote:
Alright so ive got a question about asm skimmers said:
I'm starting to see the same thing. Anyone have any ideas? Mine needs a cleaning too, just haven't had time- maybe today.

make sure your water level isnt going up and down, you could also do the gate valve mode to help with that and also mesh mod the impeller but that could ruin your pump if not done properly,there also might not be anything left to skim in your tank :)

You also have a very light bio load on your tanks right now. Once you start adding more fish you should see it go up.

Yeah I added a pair of clowns yesterday and my skimmer seems to be doing fine! Bioload i guess is the reason why mine was doing that. I appreciate yalls input! [smilie=clapping.gif]

@coralreefer wrote:
Got a gate valve and water level is constant. I think my case is needs cleaning or nothing to skim. Who knows. When I get some free time I clean it to see."]

Ok well I feel like a DING DONG. my airline was clogged. Works just like it did in it's prime."]

LOL that was the first thing I checked along w/ my water level last night. [smilie=rofl.gif]