AquaMend epoxy - Home Depot

Some of my friends suggestion that, AquaMend epoxy (Home Depot) can be used for mounting frags or corals to the rock. Just wondering, is it the reef safe? Please let me know.

Thanks,
-David

I just picked up some of the Aquamend from Home Depot. Can you use it to mount sps frags directly to the rock? I was not sure if you have to super glue the frag to rock first.

HD by me was out of this product when I went be there today.

I picked up some "The Original Super Glue" Gel Epoxy (made by that same company that most of use the super glue gel for attaching frags to rocks.

Any idea if this product is reef safe? I am only using this to plug some holes in my Beckett (for skimmer), but would like to use it for gluing small rocks to larger rocks.

Or should I just wait out the order and be safe for the AquaMend brand?

http://superglue.supergluecorp.com/15213.html
link above is the exact stuff I bought.

Super Glue Gel is Cyano Acrylate. The MSD form on the stuff you purchased doesn't seem to have that ingredient listed, but I may have overlooked it.

I wouldn't use what you posted unless you get some successful feedback from others.

I use Home Depot's Aquamend along with super glue gel from the Dollar General (2 tubes - $1.00). Aquamend takes awhile to cure. I'll take a frag, dry the bottom, apply some super glue gel, then apply a small glob of Aquamend, apply some super glue gel to the Aquamend, and then apply to rock. Hold it in place for about 30 seconds without moving. Do not try to move or re-position. If you do, start all over. I've found the super glue gel bonds more quickly, allowing the Aquamend a chance to cure, which does take awhile. On rare occasions it does not work, so I'll reapply. Have never had to do more than one "do over." Frag will encrust over this application. Believe some other Members mount frags in a similar manner.

Good luck !!!!

the original super glue Epoxy is NOT crazy glue nor does it contain any cyanoacrylate . it's regular off the shelf 2 part 5 minute epoxy. I would not use that in a tank as the 2 parts are known to release other chemicals