AquaController programming

Howdy,
Getting a little more of the automation setup on the tank and am working on the auto water change system. I would like to use a feed program to execute the auto water change(ok so not really 100% auto). I am using peristaltic pumps for this set-up and would like to see what others would recommend for this task. Here's what I would like the program to do, any help is appreciated.

1. Turn first pump on
2. Wait XXX minutes then start second pump(first pump still on)
3. Once both pump are on have then run XXX minutes
4. After XXX minutes check float valve, if switched stop both pumps
5. After XXX minutes check float valve, if not switched stop pump two and continue running pump on until float valve is switched.

Cheers,

Been thinking about this one.. definitely not your average program concept. You could base it on time.

DS1 - peristaltic pump 1
DS2 - peristaltic pump 3
Switch 1 - first float switch

If Time > 12:00 Then DS1 ON turn the pump1 on
Max Change 010 M Then DS1 OFF after 10 minutes turn pump1 off

If Time > 12:10 Then DS2 ON turn the second pump2 on
Max Change 010 M Then DS2 OFF after 10 minutes turn pump2 off

If Switch 1 CLOSED Then DS1 Off
If Switch 1 CLOSED Then DS2 Off

If Time > 12:30 Then DS1 OFF safety backup
If Time > 12:30 Then DS2 OFF max running time -- Time statements take precedence

The only real problem is item #4.. there's no AND concept, so you can't say if 10 minutes have passed AND switch is closed. There's also no nesting, so you can't say 'If timer XXX = Off .. If Switch 1 Closed'

Talk to David(Nicki's husband) from Triggersystem. He is designing his set up for 24 hours automatic water change. He will have some very good ideas to share I am sure.

@Ashlar wrote:
Been thinking about this one.. definitely not your average program concept. You could base it on time. DS1 - peristaltic pump 1 DS2 - peristaltic pump 3 Switch 1 - first float switch If Time > 12:00 Then DS1 ON turn the pump1 on Max Change 010 M Then DS1 OFF after 10 minutes turn pump1 off If Time > 12:10 Then DS2 ON turn the second pump2 on Max Change 010 M Then DS2 OFF after 10 minutes turn pump2 off If Switch 1 CLOSED Then DS1 Off If Switch 1 CLOSED Then DS2 Off If Time > 12:30 Then DS1 OFF safety backup If Time > 12:30 Then DS2 OFF max running time -- Time statements take precedence The only real problem is item #4.. there's no AND concept said:
Scott,
It's a tough one for sure. Since this is a water change sequence, using time may not be a good way to go unless I went in and modified the program each time to turn it off. It also take an hour to change out 4 gallons so this would be going for at least 5 hours and I would also have to make sure nothing else triggers during the water change. I thought it may be easier setting it up on a feed program. Is something like this possible??

If FeedB 000 Then DS1 ON - turn the pump1 on
Max Change 015 M Then DS2 ON - after 15 minutes turn pump2 on
If FeedB 300 M Then DS2 OFF - turns off pump 2
If FeedB 315 M Then DS1 OFF - turns off pump 1

How do I then tie in the float switch, want to make sure the water level goes to the same point after a WC. May be easier to just actuate the pumps from the laptop and be happy with that. :wink: Thanks for the input, I'm sure it can be done, just gotta come up with something and see if it works. :lol:

Cheers,

*nod* I thought about using the feed cycle, too. Easy way to initiate it. Just couldn't get my head wrapped around a way to fake out the 'and' logic. I even tried using dummy timers as placeholders with complex If Timer DUM = ON, etc etc.