aptasia warfare

Hi Every One
After fighting aptasia for almost a year, I stumbled upon these little guys. They are probably old news to most but I figured if I had not heard about them this is probably at least one other person that hasn't. They are called Berghina nudbranchs and the only thing they eat is aptasia, I repeat the "only" thing they eat is aptasia. So I ordered 2 from a place called saltyunderground.com They cost $15 apiece plus overnight shipping at $34, Lisa said they would probably be alright if it went 2 day but it was only $10 cheaper so I figured why risk it. I was prepared for them to be small but they had shrunk to about 1/2" long. But they were still moving so I figured it should all work out. They are supposed to breed like rabbits only faster, and they are nocturnal so by the next time I see them I should be out of aptasi and the will be starving because the only time they are out during the day is when the are really hungry. I have a picture of them in the bag but I can't get a picture on them in the tank they are just to small. I came home to night looking for them and I say one chewing on the base of one of the small aptasia, I will let you know how it all turns out

Bergias are great and do breed like rabbits. They do have a bad habit of getting eaten by tankmates or surfing into pumps/powerheads though. I had them in my seahorse tank and they did an awesome job. I dont think they would do so hot in most reef tanks due to high flow and hungry fish.

Angela