Apex help for power outage alert

kelipalmer

Premium Member
I just purchased the 12v adapter and a ups to power my apex head unit & modem/router in order to send e-mail alerts in the event of a power failure. I have added the following command to my Email Alarm virtual outlet: If Power Off EB8_3 Off 000 Then ON
When I unplug the EB8 to test the code, I do not get an e-mail alert. Power Monitor Enable is set to Disable. The following is the full code for the e-mail outlet:
Set OFF
If Temp > 79.5 Then ON
If Temp < 77.5 Then ON
If pH < 7.70 Then ON
If pH > 8.35 Then ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then ON
If Power Apex Off 001 Then ON
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

-
Any ideas?

@kelipalmer wrote:
Here is what mine is set for and it works:

Set OFF
If Temp > 82.0 Then ON
If Temp < 75.0 Then ON
If pH > 8.60 Then ON
If pH < 7.50 Then ON
If Swx8_1 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx8_2 CLOSED Then ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 000 Then ON
If Power EB8_4 Off 000 Then ON
If Power Apex Off 003 Then ON

That program looks like it should work.

@kelipalmer wrote:
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF said:
Have you triggered the alarm at all in the last 30 minutes? If so, it won't trigger again until the 30 minute min time value has expired.

Still doesn't work. When I unplug the eb8, the status light stays green but I assume this is because the apex head unit has 12v power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you did this the new power adapter should the only one be plugged into ups. The eb8 should be plugged into the reg outlet if I remember what the monthly speaker advised us last year

Yes... the 12v adapter is the only thing plugged into the ups. The eb8 is plugged into the wall outlet.

@washingtond wrote:
Try it without the 12v power said:
Unplugging the 12v would defeat the purpose. I want to be alerted as soon as the power fails. If I unplug the 12v, then the apex would be unable to send the alert until the power was restored.
If I understand the commands correctly, The power off apex command detects power failure on the apex unit, the power off eb8_* command detects power loss at the eb8 unit.

@kelipalmer wrote:
[I]@washingtond wrote:[/I][quote="Try it without the 12v power said:
Unplugging the 12v would defeat the purpose. I want to be alerted as soon as the power fails. If I unplug the 12v, then the apex would be unable to send the alert until the power was restored.
If I understand the commands correctly, The power off apex command detects power failure on the apex unit, the power off eb8_* command detects power loss at the eb8 unit."]

That's how it should work... did you ever figure it out?

@kelipalmer wrote:
Nope said:
My only other suggestion (and I doubt this is the issue): Are you sure your EB8 is module 3? Do you have more than one? You aren't triggering the alarm off the wrong EB8 are you? [smilie=smile.gif]

While it shouldn't make a difference you might try removing the Min Time 30 command and see if that's causing it to delay for some reason...