Apex eb8 orange flashing light

FiberglassMonkey

Premium Member
Hey, I have a orange flashing light on my eb8. I did a quick google search and tried unplugging it from the lite module, in plugged power, plugging power in then the lite module in, also tried the other way around... No luck. Does anyone know a way to fix this? The lite module is working as well as the display. i have not looked in the manual yet, thought I'd try this route first as it will be a few hours till I can mess with it.
Let me know

Thanks in advance!

I have two EB8s. One the light works fine, the other has NO working light of any color. Neptune remoted into my apex but they couldn't find anything wrong so I just left it like it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go into your module setup make sure you have two eb8's showing if not add the eb8 module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
Go into your module setup make sure you have two eb8's showing if not add the eb8 module said:
I tried this. Does not show I have a eb8. Tried add and would not let me. I updated, still will my let me add the eb8... Only shows I have the display.

I've tried everything except another USB cable. I can't find one locally... Walmart, target, radio shack, staples doesn't have them. Anyone local to 377 and north tarrent have a USB cable i can borrow before i order online? Lol...

Ok it's been a while and i got a cable. Still didn't work. Tried a different eb8 with the apex lite and the other eb8 works. So I then plugged the broken eb8 and display into a full apex unit and the eb8 flashes and the display does not work. Any other suggestions? I think it's in the bootloader mode? But I'm stumped. Neptune's CS received a email to see if they can help

First have you tried unplugging the eb8 from the main power outlet for 15 minutes then plug it back in and restart the APEX. It sounds more like a communication issue, did you ever setup the EB8 fallback states, in case of comm issues with the base unit?

Cheers,

Several times I've unplugged it. How do I restart the apex? I got another eb8 and it works fine. I didn't know about a eb8 fall back status...

I would unplug everything then just plug in one eb8 so it can power the main unit then go into the apex and delete all the modules. Then unplug everything again and replug all the modules that will force it to readdress all the modules. Neptune had me do this last time mine did this

To restart you can do it from the screen you go to network settings and it's at the bottom. Or you can go to you pc it's also in network settings you check the box marked reset after update or something like that. I'm on my phone so I can't remember the acual wording