Anyone tried Tigger pods?

Yes we seeded our seahorse tank with two bottles about a month before adding ponies
Tank is very full of pods

I have purchased from reed-mariculture 2 times and I was happy both times. The pods look good and there are a ton of them in each bottle.
They do a good job packing your shipment also.

thought I would bring out this dinosaur post to see if anyone recently has used Tigger-pods?

And where can I get them locally? I would rather just pick this product up at a LFS

i just put some of Reef Nutritions Tigger Pods in my tank, but only because i won them free in a raffle. the bottle had quite a few in it, and were very visible until they disapated in the many crevices that is my tank. i would be interested in getting some if you want to start a new group buy

@WeMa wrote:
i just put some of [url=http://reefnutrition.com/tiggerpods/index.htm]Reef Nutritions Tigger Pods[/url] in my tank said:
Hmm, I will send them an email and see what I can find. I found out about this product from a member at the meeting last month and it clicked last night while watching my royal gramma and YCG hunting for critters....I love watching them do that.

They sell this product at DNA, Exoctic Aquatics, Plano Pets, etc. All of the D-County area (or Collin county) but its not too far. I'll let you know what I find out.

yea, i have a scooter blenny that continuously hunts and i would hate to see him die, awesome critter...tank is established and has lots of rubble in different spots, so hopefully i have plenty of life for him, but ive always heard you need to add to it or it will slowly dwendle away, so anything i can do to make things better is worth it...

Here's what Reef Nutrition responded back:

Hi Phil said:
So we definitely cannot get the mysids, sorry Slallen, I am not sure about the rest. I made sure to let them know that I am not representing the club in anyway and would see if any of our BOD members were intersted in contacting them about a GB.

Not sure of the next step, I suppose if a BOD member is interested in contacting them the information is bolded.

I think I will just run up to DNA to pick up a bottle, if you want a bottle Wes let me know and I will pick one up for you and we can arrange drop-off...

hopefully a bod will help, but they wouldnt help with DFS so i doubt they will help here...send them a pm if you want to check...

thanks phil, i drive by there a couple times a week, i could actually grab you some if needed...

I think we should be able to get the Mysids through a group buy (BOD permitting) however there just wont be a discount. it may however be able to be negotiated with shipping.

I seeded my seahorse tank with them and pods from my fuge. I now have lots for pods in the seahourse tank, but, I can't say the tiger pods were the major contributor. I don't think they were worth the money as I think I got as much or more from my fuge cheato.

You know, I have a CBB and a mandarin that are always on the hunt for pods.
Is there something special I can feed my pod population to stay healthy and produce, or is it neccesary to seed ?

Thanks,
Gail

@mylittlesquishy wrote:
You know said:
I feed my pods DT's but any phytoplanton would work. It's not absolutly needed and they do feed off macro algea. But, regular feedings of phyto will help boost the population. It is also beneficial to reseed the stock probably once a year or so. Reseeding can be done by just getting some from another member, like I got from you. :D

On the topic of reseeding. Keep in mined if you have treated for Red Bugs ... you should or will need to reseed. Interceptor kills the Mysis and pods as well.

When I was getting a Mandarin I bought a couple bottles... locally you can get them from Dallas North Aquarium (they also carry the Phyto Feast) and Aquatic Trading on Jupiter.

I seeded my tank with one bottle and started cultures with a second bottle. They worked out great.

thank you all for your input and advice, especially on reseeding.

If there is interest for the tigger pods in a GB format, please let me know so I can approach a BOD member about it. I dont really want to waste anyone's time if only a couple of us are interested. If a few people want to hop on, I will post in the GB section and see how much interest we can garner.

If not, I have been wanting to check out DNA and this is an excuse to do so :lol: I can pick up a couple extra bottles for the cowtown side of things and you can just pay me back.