Anyone running more than one Apex at a time?

I plan on setting up an Apex Lite for the QT system. I thought about running both tanks off one Apex but the tanks are too far apart for me to just run a long cable between modules (well, technically not too far but the wife will kill me if I start stringing up USB cables to go across the house). I also worked out that it would cheaper to just buy a used Lite rather than buy a bunch of extra modules (EB8, PM1 + probes, etc) and super long cables.

Soooo, I wanted to know if I need to do some magic voodoo when it comes to that whole assigning IP addresses and being able to access each Apex from my computer or whether there will some conflicts I'll have to deal with. I'm not very IT/computer savvy so I want to make sure this is something that is not going to cause problems with accessing and configuring the regular Apex for my main tank.

I was thinking about this the other day when I was doing the update.

As long as you set it up completely separate- its own dyndns and ip etc
I don't see a problem. It would be like having two different laptops on the same network. You might have to unhook the first while you set up the second but I don't know that for sure.

There was a Apex jr for sale a while back and I thought that would be good for a frag tank...hmmm...

@MBSL55 wrote:
I plan on setting up an Apex Lite for the QT system. I thought about running both tanks off one Apex but the tanks are too far apart for me to just run a long cable between modules (well said:
You can have multiple. Just set them up to different ports.
You can still keep the same dyndns.org name... In your router settings, just forward the port to the correct apex.

For example:
Main Apex unit set up with port :8000, on your network it would have an internal IP of 192.168.1.101
2nd Apex unit set up with port : 8001, on your network it would have an internal IP of 192.168.1.102

In your router, forward port 8000 to IP 101, and 8001 to 102 respectively

You dont need a seperate dyndns, you would just need different port #s...

Apex 1: home.dyndns.org:5555
Apex Lite: home.dyndns.org:8888

Thanks, I've got the unofficial user's guide and was able to figure out the first one so hopefully adding this second one won't be too hard.