Anyone know Places in new orleans to catch Inverts?

Anyone know any good beaches or places to catch peppermint Shrimp or reef hermits?

Were in new orleans till Monday and would like to hang out at a nice beach
and maybe bring a few things home...

@aentrop wrote:
Anyone know any good beaches or places to catch peppermint Shrimp or reef hermits? Were in new orleans till Monday and would like to hang out at a nice beach and maybe bring a few things home... said:
Not really any beaches around new Orleans unless you want to drive to mississippi. I suggest getting a poboy and some top notch boiled seafood. :wink:

@Drew wrote:
[I]@aentrop wrote:[/I][quote="Anyone know any good beaches or places to catch peppermint Shrimp or reef hermits? Were in new orleans till Monday and would like to hang out at a nice beach and maybe bring a few things home... said:
Not really any beaches around new Orleans unless you want to drive to mississippi. I suggest getting a poboy and some top notch boiled seafood. :wink:"]

Too bad crawfish are not in season, that would be the best inverts you could hope for in the Big Easy. :D

It is a short drive to waveland & pass christain. There are some pretty nice places in that area where you can catch some cool stuf they have piled rocks by the public piers in several places. I would start there. I haven't been there since katrina and it hit Mississippi much harder than New Orleans, so It may be a lot different now.
Mary