Any advanced APEX programmers here? (DC Pump Soft Start)

jenkinscrew

Premium Member
So I have a new Octo "VarioS 8" DC pump and have the following APEX programming below.I thought this pump would automatically ?soft start? after it gets turned back on after a feeding, but it just seems to turn on at whatever intensity it is set for, for that time of day.?How would it look and where would I put programming for a ?soft start? (maybe like 0%-30% for 1 minute, then resume normal schedule) after the pump gets turned back on after a feeding (FeedB, FeedC, FeedD)? Or do I need to remove or modify any current code for this to work like I am thinking??Varios8Pump (VariableSpeedPort2):If Outlet VRT_Day = ON Then Day_UpIf Outlet VRT_PULSE = ON Then Day_PulseIf Outlet VRT_Night = ON Then Night_UpIf Outlet VRT_DayOSC = ON Then Day_DownIf Outlet VRT_NightOSC = ON Then Night_DownIf FeedB 000 Then OFFIf FeedC 000 Then OFFIf FeedD 000 Then OFF?RTN_PUMP (EB8 Outlet):Fallback ONSet ONIf FeedB 000 Then OFFIf FeedC 000 Then OFFIf FeedD 000 Then OFF?[Virtual Outlets:]?VRT_DayOSC:OSC 000:00/010:00/010:00 Then ONIf Time 13:00 to 14:00 Then OFFIf Time 22:00 to 08:00 Then OFF?VRT_Day:Set ONIf Time 13:00 to 14:00 Then OFFIf Time 22:00 to 08:00 Then OFF?VRT_PULSE:Set ONIf Time 14:00 to 13:00 Then OFF?VRT_NightOSC:OSC 000:00/010:00/010:00 Then ONIf Time 08:00 to 22:00 Then OFF?VRT_Night:Set ONIf Time 08:00 to 22:00 Then OFF?[Profiles:]?Day_Up:Type - RampRamp Time - 10 minsStart Intensity - 25%End Intensity - 40%?Day_Down:Type - RampRamp Time - 10 minsStart Intensity - 40%End Intensity - 25%?Day_Pulse:Type - PumpInitial Off Time ? 0On Time ? 60Off Time ? 60Min Intensity ? 30%Max Intensity ? 40%?Night_Up:Type - RampRamp Time - 10 minsStart Intensity - 25%End Intensity - 30%?Night_Down:Type - RampRamp Time - 10 minsStart Intensity - 30%End Intensity - 25%?Would maybe making another Ramp profile and adding it somewhere in my virtual outlet programming work? Like this??Profile Example:Soft_Start:Type - RampRamp Time - 1 minsStart Intensity - 0%End Intensity - 30%?Virtual Outlet Example:VRT_Night:Set ONIf Outlet RTN_PUMP = ON Then Soft_Start <---Add this to each Virtual Outlet code?If Time 08:00 to 22:00 Then OFF??Thank you in advance for any input!

You might want to post that question over on thew Neptune forum.?http://forum.neptunesystems.com/forum.php They have some guys that are really good at helping with programming questions.

Yes I posted over there first a few days ago and tons of views but no replies :-( was hoping there was a local expert :pThank you for the suggestion!?

I have something similar to this for my lights after a storm or cloudy event. ?The control output is as follows (modified to fit your situation):Outlet:Name: Post_FeedSet OFFIf FeedB 000 Then ONIf FeedC 000 Then ONIf FeedD 000 Then ONMin Time 001:00 Then ONThen have a profile that does what you want like your Soft_Start profile above. ?The above min time can match your ramp time of your profile. ?Just add the following to your Varios8Pump code:If Outlet Post_Feed = ON Then Soft_StartI think you might be able to do this without the min time and just add the 001 to the delay time, but wasn't sure what the feed delay does when you go to ON instead of OFF.

OK this works if I hit a feed mode and then cancel it shortly after,?but not if I wait my actual feed times.FeedA: 2 mins. (Nothing OFF, just 2 Rotations of AFS)FeedB: 20 mins. (Return Pump OFF, Powerheads OFF, Feed Pellet)FeedC: 20 mins. (Return Pump OFF, Powerheads ON, Feed Frozen)FeedD: 60 mins. (Everything OFF, Maintenance Mode)

?So do I need to set Post_Feed like this then??[Set OFF]?[If FeedB 020 Then ON]?[If FeedC 020 Then ON]?[If FeedD 060 Then ON]?[Min Time 005:00 Then ON]?

I think that is because I took out the defer command, but mine was a fixed length. Try adding the delays in to the feed commands into the Post_Feed like I suggested.

No, just leave everything like it was and instead of Feed 000, put Feed 001 assuming your ramp time is 1 minute.

1 Minute ramp time wasn't enough so I am changing to 5 mins. Trying to get around the whole violent bubbles and splashing when the pump turns on so I don't have as much salt everywhere lol.Let me try the Feed 005 and see if it works...

Remember to also change the min time to 5 and the profile ramp time to 5. Yeah, my return does that too, but oh well! No DC control for my pump, but I found out that it will shut off when overheating from running dry!

OK I think it is working correctly letting the feed mode run and if I cancel it. Thanks Eric!Gonna do some more testing over the next few days to be sure but think we are there.So here are the modifications:[[5 Min DC Pump ?Soft Start?]][[VRT_PostFeed (Virtual Post Feed Outlet)? ][?][Added]][Set OFF][[If FeedB 005 Then ON? ??][?][Modified]][[If FeedC 005 Then ON??? ][?][Modified]][[If FeedD 005 Then ON ???][?][Modified]][[Min Time 005:00 Then ON?? ?][?][Modified]][ ][[Soft_Start (Profile) ??][?][Added]][Ramp][[Ramp Time: 5 mins?? ][?][Modified]][Start Intensity: 0%][End Intensity: 30%][ ][Varios8Pump (Variable Speed Port)][If Outlet VRT_Day = ON Then Day_Up][If Outlet VRT_PULSE = ON Then Day_Pulse][If Outlet VRT_Night = ON Then Night_Up][If Outlet VRT_DayOSC = ON Then Day_Down][If Outlet VRT_NightOSC = ON Then Night_Down][[If Outlet VRT_PostFeed = ON Then Soft_Start? ][?][Added]][If FeedB 000 Then OFF][If FeedC 000 Then OFF][If FeedD 000 Then OFF]?