Anti-Jump cover

reeftx

Premium Member
I’ve has a couple of triggers jump out of my tank which has a full canopy.  I am looking for ideas on what to put on top of my tank to prevent future jumpers and where I can buy them.  Tank is a 210 72”x24”TIA

I assume they are jumping out the back of the canopy?  I have some plastic grills that Ive used on several setups.  They attach to the canopy and create a vertical wall to prevent jumpers, yet still allow for adequate air flow.  I am working on a project in Allen the next few weeks and I'd be willing to meet up with you and give you a few.  I'll take a pic and attach it shortly so you'll get an idea of what they look like.

You should be able to cut some egg-crate the shape and size you need to rest on top of each section as well, for another option.That is what I did on mine. I even hot glued some window screen on top to make sure nothing can get out.

Due to recent surgery, I have temporary limited mobility with my left arm. So I think Chris' solution will work easiest for now. Where can I find the egg-crate? I looked at HD with no luck. Did you just use wire cutters? 

I think I got mine from Loews locally (Home depot shows they carry it too, usually in the lighting section), they call it PLASKOLITE.You can also order from BRS or Amazon.Some LFS have some on hand.Yep, just a pair of wire cutters one fin at a time until the desired shape/size.