Annome attached to my coral

mardigras

Membership Expired
i have a annome that has split 3 times now and 1 of the smaller ones has attached to one of my corals and it has killed 1 branch of it I am assuming from stinging it question is can I just pull it off the coral or how do I get it off my coral

I have moved one before that way but where this one is I can't I am half way thinking about just grabbing it and pulling it lose and c what happens

It is a candy cane coral I have moved it several times and he will not come off  I moved it one more time yesterday we will c what happens but he is attached at the base so can't just drag it off 

I would first try to frag what I could  and let him have the base. This will be the easiest way I would think. IMOAI had one on one of my corals before and what I did took a full day to get him off but it did work.I took the coral and the nem and spent the day holding the foot of the nem out of the water so he was kinda hanging/dangling there with the top half of him in the water.  The water in the nem will go down and the foot will be skinny. I lifted him up and down into  and out of the water for a while then I let him rest for a while with the foot out of the water so he is dangling again. I did this over and over till he started to move off.  I had to keep the coral and his foot wet/moist. I just kept poring water over the foot and coral. It was a slow process but it worked for me and both lived. Not saying this will work for others. I'm just telling u how I got my guy to move. Candy canes are easy to frag so I myself  would try fragging first. Mine was on a SPS and it was sm and covered up for the most part so I couldn't frag it. Let us know how hes doing good luck with him. I hope he moves off soon.