Anemones

Kc189

Premium Member
[Is there an Anemone that would do well in a 10G tank with maybe one or two clown fish under 2 25W bulbs? It seems like it wouldnt work. What would be the smallest size tank and min lighting be on a anemone

Keith]

[anemones are hard enough to keep given the needed light and water conditions. Id have no less than 4 or 5 watts per gallon of high output light (PC, VHO, or MH), and not to mention regular feedings. Even then, many do not make it for long. Ive been lucky with mine so far, 380 watts VHO on a 58 gallon, and feed once or twice a week.

So, id probably stay away from any anemone in a 10 gallon. But thats just my personal opinion.

Mark]

[I have to agree with you I just didnt know if anyone had done it. I am going to put in a 5" sand bed and get a Tiger Jawfish instand! He should do just fine in a tank that size with it just being him in there right.]

@Kc189 wrote:
[I have to agree with you I just didnt know if anyone had done it. I am going to put in a 5" sand bed and get a Tiger Jawfish instand! He should do just fine in a tank that size with it just being him in there right.] said:
[Yeah, your water parameters are going to be its downfall. It is so hard to keep good water conditions in a tank that size. Most anemones will start to decline. If you can keep the chemistry under control though you might could try something small and non-photosynthetic, like a couple rock anemones or something to test.]

[I have a 60G tank I was thinking I might plumb them in the same sump/fuge which should make for a very stable tank. I just need to fix my lighting issue. Could I make a hood and use PC like the ones I have over the fuge, you know put 4 or 5 in it do you think that would be enough light for a BTA?

Keith]

[If you put "4 or 5 PC" lights over a 60 gal tank, you'll have enough light for a BTA. I had two 55w bulbs over my 29gal and the BTA has thrived. I added a third 55w bulb to assure I had enough light for my clam as well as some SPS corals back in December. Here's a webpage about its progress over the last 10 months.]

@Kc189 wrote:
[I have a 60G tank I was thinking I might plumb them in the same sump/fuge which should make for a very stable tank. I just need to fix my lighting issue. Could I make a hood and use PC like the ones I have over the fuge said:
[Yeah, light isn't going to be the issue for a BTA, its going to be getting a very efficient fuge with prestine water conditions and regular feedings. They aren't highly photosynthetic.]