ANEMONE QUESTION

agamez214

Membership Expired
i got this anemone about 2 weeks ago and when i bought it was w these exact pair of clowns so i got them too and it was 6" big..but since ive added to my jbj45 the biggest its gotten is like 4" and gets smaller at night... is there anything that you all have noticed that causes this?...its eats and poops and hasnt moved since i put on rock

specs
jbj45
2 mp10qd
ai prime led lighting all at 45% excepct dark red, cool white, and green which i have at 10%
hydor slim skimmer
sicce 3.0 return pump

It's not likely that it would stay like that permanently. As long as your parameters are good it should be fine. I've found the worst thing you can do is mess with it. I've had my bubble tip for over a year now and it will occasionally move and find a place that it's comfortable. Right now it's in the back corner of the tank where it's barely visible. I'd just keep an eye on it. As long as its' mouth isn't gaping it should be fine.

@mwilk19 wrote:
It's not likely that it would stay like that permanently. As long as your parameters are good it should be fine. I've found the worst thing you can do is mess with it. I've had my bubble tip for over a year now and it will occasionally move and find a place that it's comfortable. Right now it's in the back corner of the tank where it's barely visible. I'd just keep an eye on it. As long as its' mouth isn't gaping it should be fine. said:
WHAT DO U THINK...SEE ANYTHING...i have noticed when the anemome closes a little the clownfish rub it alot to stay open?...NORMAL?

How often are you feeding? Nems use energy to digest food. They will look puny after eating and when eliminating. Try only feeding 2x a month. The Nem will open and bask in the light - which is its main source of nutrient absorption.

I have over 30 Nems. I feed them 4 medium shrimp ground up for all 30, 2x a month.

@Michelle wrote:
How often are you feeding? Nems use energy to digest food. They will look puny after eating and when eliminating. Try only feeding 2x a month. The Nem will open and bask in the light - which is its main source of nutrient absorption. I have over 30 Nems. I feed them 4 medium shrimp ground up for all 30 said:
I have said it three times in two week. And it was mysis shrimp when I send the clowns in the same tank

@Michelle wrote:
How often are you feeding? Nems use energy to digest food. They will look puny after eating and when eliminating. Try only feeding 2x a month. The Nem will open and bask in the light - which is its main source of nutrient absorption. I have over 30 Nems. I feed them 4 medium shrimp ground up for all 30 said:
sorry meant to say I have fed them 3 times in 2 weeks mysis when I feed the clown fishes I will try that suggestion and see if they open up even more thank you michelle

ok so i think it was the flow that was afftecting it...because i moved the power head to middle and higher an now seems to have open more and now the cup is not attaching to the rock...u can see the foot and cup are extended...also i had leds at 40 and cool white at 25 but changed to 50 and cool white 35 so who knows what it woulda been....hopefully tentacles will get bigger....we will see

@Marc wrote:
It looks fine to me. said:
so i got home and saw it was all balled up and inflated w a couple of tentacle sticking out and now it opened a bit but its been 1hr and in shape of a bowl....why would it do this...it looked alot better w brighter lights today..maybe lights were too bright?

So it looked like a balled up pair of socks? Totally normal. Mine do it too. Have you watched my BTA video yet?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXIh24pfsps[/video]

LOL!!! Nems can look down right lousy at times. NEVER feed your Nem within 2 days of having company over. They are sure to do the bloated toad look! The Nems are open and reaching out to bask in the light in your pictures so that is great!