And So It Begins...DSA 65 gal

any thought of hitting that drain pipe with some kyrlon fusion so it doesnt stand out so bad ? Otherwise it looks great

Looking really nice. Quality woodwork. The kreg jig is by far one of my favorite tools.

Samsung Galaxy S III

@Bryan wrote:
any thought of hitting that drain pipe with some kyrlon fusion so it doesnt stand out so bad ? Otherwise it looks great said:
I dont like it either so kryon fusion would be safe?

@meirvin wrote:
[I]@Bryan wrote:[/I][quote="any thought of hitting that drain pipe with some kyrlon fusion so it doesnt stand out so bad ? Otherwise it looks great said:
I dont like it either so kryon fusion would be safe?"]

yes it is safe, just make 100% sure it is the Fusion

also i have a question on the tightening of the blulk head nuts, rut now they are as tight as I can get them by hand, I have read you can over tighten them so should I give them a little nudge with a cresent or not?

I am shooting for leak free first time

Don't use a wrench on them. They will break. Hand tight is enough.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

@Airstreamin wrote:
Don't use a wrench on them. They will break. Hand tight is enough. Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk. said:
+1... I broke 2 before I figured that out (slow learner).

I think I'd eventually want to get this tank too. I just wish I could do woodwork and make my own stand. Yours looks nice, does it have water yet?

Well its been a busy few days. aqua scaping, adding sand and water
Durso drain took some figuring out had to keep lowering it in order to be able to open return valve for more pressure but got it figured out.

now just the waiting

cooling fans for summer
Setup0002web.jpg
alt="">

Elec
Setup0003web.jpg
alt="">

Setup0004web.jpg
alt="">

Setup0009web.jpg
alt="">

The Scape

Setup0012web.jpg
alt="">

Thanks

Some finishing touches
ATO
Reservoir
amenities

Really like How I made a shelf for bottles and stuff, the factory stand doesnt have that...

finishing.jpg
alt="">

I really enjoyed reading your build thread tonight. That looks like a rock solid stand too. Well done.

Did you end up painting the PVC Durso? Once painted, you need to let it cure for 24 hours before you put it in water. Or paint some new fittings, and install them fully cured on the pipe, taking the white ones off.

Thanks Marc, yes I painted the durso i couldnt stand the white, didnt know about the 24 hour cure but lucked out as I moved on to other things for a day before going for water.

6 days in to the cycle some brown stuff started coating the top rock so off with the lights now

we have pods but still cycling...22 days and counting

My current clean up crew is snails , Narsarius snails and hermit crabs.

Do people put some in their sump, I am worried they will crawl into other areas.

Also with a Rimless display how are they going to stay in the tank? current jbj nano has a lid and they are always at the water line and might go further?

BRS has DIY screen top kits that are pretty nice, should keep everyone in.

http://aquarium.bulkreefsupply.com/search?asug=&view=grid&cnt=12&w=Screen+kit

yea so does Home Depot it just seems pointless to have a rimless tank if you have to put a lid on it, i was thinking ideas on a selective cleanup crew maybe all hermit crabs and stomatella snails

Do you have any ammonia still showing?

You might have missed the nitrite stage. Mine have gone quickly in the past.