AI Hydra 52 HD

I bought some AI Hydra 52HD - having problem figuring out how to set schedule. Does anyone know of any website or aomething that would explain little better on how to set up schedules .

What are you using to control them?  AI Director or Apex? I have Hydra 52's controlled by an Apex.

The hydra52 HD can only be controlled through the wifi.  They will not connect to the controller, director or the apex.  If you look in your available wifi connections you should see one called "hydra52XXXXXXXXX"  you must connect to that and then open the app to schedule it.

Posted by: DNA The hydra52 HD can only be controlled through the wifi.  They will not connect to the controller said:
I didn't know that.  Not sure why AI would do that since Apex is the industry standard in controllers.  I wonder if Neptune Systems new IOTA (Internet of Things Aquarium) protocol they announced at MACNA 2016 will be able to control them?  

Gotta remember that the percentage of the aquarium hobby that uses apex is very small.  AI decided to make their equipment better for the wider audience.  It's really up to Neptune to develop the equipment for their product to work and not AI.  I'm sure they are working with AI to make that happen.

There's no reason they couldn't have made the new HD fixtures compatible with BOTH the  Apex AWM and also their proprietary wifi app.  This would have been the best case scenario for ALL AI users.I am a AI and Apex user and would never upgrade to the HD fixtures for the simple fact that they did not make them Apex compatible.  As for the comment about the majority of hobbyists NOT being Apex users.... that may be true.  But those same hobbyists that choose not to run a tank controller most likely also choose not to use higher end lighting like the AI or Ecotech.  

Posted by: Mike R There's no reason they couldn't have made the new HD fixtures compatible with BOTH the  Apex AWM and also their proprietary wifi app.  This would have been the best case scenario for ALL AI users.I am a AI and Apex user and would never upgrade to the HD fixtures for the simple fact that they did not make them Apex compatible.  As for the comment about the majority of hobbyists NOT being Apex users.... that may be true.  But those same hobbyists that choose not to run a tank controller most likely also choose not to use higher end lighting like the AI or Ecotech.      said:
I was told by AI themselves that the way the wifi interface works it could not be made to work both ways.  Honestly you can still program the outlet for the heat options and such in the apex and you really don't login to the ai app that often once your lights are programmed so it's not that big of a deal.As to the amount of people buying these lights that don't have apex I can tell you just our historical numbers on the subject.  As of this post we have sold just under 2800 AI/Ecotech lights since they've been in existence.  In that same period we have sold just under 150 Apex units.  The numbers just don't support that AI put that much effort into that support hence they discontinued both the director and the controllers in favor of AIFI.  Ecotech is also pulling away from Apex, but it is rumored they are working on their own controller system that would tie into ecosmartlive making it a bigger endeavor.