After talking up a storm on the forums

Crotalus

Premium Member
Maybe I should introduce myself.The name is Mark.? I've kept fish, fresh and marine, for may years.? I'm just now trying a mixed reef.I'm semi-retired and self employed.? I am an Electrical Engineer.? I was a traveling Industrial Electronics Technician for 30 years.? I had seldom ever seen what I was going to repair.? I had to figure it out once I got there.? I worked on everything from offshore drilling, plastics, steel, water treatment, powder coating, and chip plants.I used to work on Texas Instrument's RO systems so I don't think the RO/DI I just bought will give me much trouble. ?? :)If I can help anyone with an electrical problem please ask.? I just bought some LED dimmers that didn't fit so I chopped the wires off and made them work.?The forum says I am a trusted member now.? Does that just mean I talk a lot?Mark?

Welcome Mark, this forum has different qualifications based on likes, posts, etc?I believe yes you are talking a lot! lol?Next week you will see most of the old forums back, let us know if we can help!

Hi Mark! Nice to meet you! Hopefully we get to see you at an event soon.Let us know if you need anything...we'll do the same :p

Hey Mark!Welcome! I look forward to learning from your past experience through the forums!?Have you done a build thread for your current mixed reef tank? Would love to see it.Look forward to getting to know you.??Joe

Joe, I do well on fish.? I've still got a ways to go on Corals.? I understand the technical details, but apparently there is still some art to it.I only have 4 frags and a Toadstool now.? Two of the frags are happy.? Two are not.? All 5 are supposed to be super easy.? The Green Star Polyp and the Zoantha are just about gone.? The Red People Eater, Xenia, and Toadstool seem to be happy since I added dimmers to the lights.I'll be building a RO/DI system tomorrow.?? This is what the tank looked like 3 months ago before I started adding animals.? Right now I have 4 Ocellaris, 3 Damsel jerks, a Mono Sebae, and 2 Firefish.? I put a Foxface in the 20 gal quarantine tank today.? So there isn't much to see yet.The Tank has a Wet/Dry sump with a large block of MarinePure and a Jebao 12000 return pump,? a Coralife 220 skimmer and a 10 gallon refugium that I made.? 2 - 72" Reef Bright lights.? One XF-250 Gyre.?The tank has just come out of the Brown Algae phase.? It all disappeared during the last week.? I haven't done a water change in 3 months and my nitrates still read almost zero.? I don't understand what is going on there.? With the RO/DI I will start changes and hopefully the Corals will get happier.My wife is going to rue the day she told me to bring the Aquarium back instead of making a Koi pond outside.?View attachment 728View attachment 453

Posted by: Crotalus??<snip>My wife is going to rue the day she told me to bring the Aquarium back instead of making a Koi pond outside.?? said:
My wife suggested that we get a house with a pool when we moved to Dallas. ?I agreed, saying that I had always wanted a Koi pond, and that it would be easier if it were concrete lined. ?She never asked about houses with pools again. ?Welcome to the group.