Achilles tang - Hard to keep?

[Marine Depot Live lists it as a restricted species...that pretty much answers my question.

Sorry to everyone who wastes 10 seconds of your life reading my two silly posts here. :blush21:]

[I don't know Panacea, while I have never kept one, I know others have long term. Also, sps where thought impossible to keep long term 10 yrs. ago. So, I don't think you're wasting anyones time by asking a legitimate and thoughtful question about a fish you'd like to keep. I do beleive the tang would need a large tank. I love naso tangs, it's by far my favorite fish, but I wouldn't dream of putting one in anything smaller than a 250 gallon tank. I'm planning on building a 300 in the not to distant future, after a kitchen remodel, or atleast that's what my wife is telling me. So, maybe then I'll get one.]

[I saw one in Steve McClay's reef tank this past Saturday. He said that he had it for several months now. Maybe you can find out where he bought his.]

[I saw that one too Peter. I saw some at the LFS a few days before that too. Decisions decisions...only got room for one tang...leaning towards the blue.]

[An Achilles was the first addition to my tank after it had cycled. They are super-sensitive to water quality, and can be easily damaged by netting. I waited for mine to be delivered to my suppliers store, inspected him in the bag, and took him home without him ever going into the LFS tank. He lasted for 36 hours, and I have no idea why he didn't make it.]

[This is a very tough fish. I have kept 3 now in the past few years. None lived more than a year. :cry: And I'm good at this! I have fish that are over 4 years old. They come from very turbulant waters, so good strong current is a plus. Feed well keep it fat and pray. They are also very parasite prone. So good water quality go's with out saying. I just recently lost the last one. No signs of parasites, very fat very healthy fish. Good luck if you decide on one.]