75G School build in need of donations

@kuyatwo wrote:
I think I have couple koralias if needed I can donate just let me know and can bring to aug meeting Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
That would be excellent.

Will see you at Aug meeting.

Still looking for stuff ..... need rock (she has about 30 lbs), skimmer, sump, test kits, etc.

Please do remember donations to a school are tax deductible.

Excelent.

I'm retracting on the 75g ....... and replacing it with a Planet Aquarium 90 G.

The 75 would be ok for a classroom tank. The 90 will be better for the library.

I have
  • 90G tank with durso plumbing,
    black pine stand,
    WavePoint T5 light (4 54W; 1 new bulb, 3 unknown age ... will be ok for the cycle time, but will probably need to be replaced in the near term),
    Trigger skimmer with pump,
    3 chamber Trigger Sump (it is a squeeze, but the skimmer fits),
    couple of Koralias ,
    used sand,
    dj switch.

On task list for this weekend to clean everything I have.

Will post some pictures after I get it somewhat organized.

Cope has a heater and Koralia and offered set up assistance .... which is appreciated.

Still need a return pump, : MBSL55 has offered a Mag 5. Have not arranged to pick it up yet.

Need live / dead rock.

Need refractometer, salt, test kits, couple of lookdown boxes,

We do need to work out a delivery date. Unfortunately the 1st weekend I can offer is 8th / 9th.

@Cope --- incidentally, the 75G will be available ... as noted, it's not all that pretty, but it good 'enuf.

I have

• stand,
    canopy with Mogul 250W MH base, homemade reflectors, --- has IceCap 660 ballasts but I'm still agrueing with myself on whether I can let those go
    non-rr 75,
    overflow,
    orbit outer mh (needs work, ordered some of the parts to fix one switch and legs, have not determined what is up with PCs; MH work fine)
    sand

Let me know if your son's school is interested and I can bring it to you when we do this one

Re: donation items I have. I have to go out of the country for a couple of weeks due to a family emergency but can be around for pickup this weekend before I fly out if y'all need the stuff while I'm out.

Does anyone on here know how to hook up a deionizer or familiar with using them? We have them at the school and I want to utilize this but I don't know if I'm hooking it up properly. I can give more specs on them tomorrow.

Trying to deliver this tank to the school this Sunday (9th).

I can bring about 40 gallons of SW, but will need more.

Anyone near the new Chisolm Trail High School that would be able to provide another 40 - 50 gallons?

I can pick up if necessary.

Tank is up less rock.

If you have base, dead, or live rock you could offer ( free or at a very good price, preferably near Chisolm Trail High School off NW College in FW ) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

We are so happy to finally have our awesome aquarium donated by you guys. We will start posting pictures when we start adding things! It was very nice to finally meet Frank. If it wasn't for Frank being the mastermind behind this project Chisholm Trail HS would not have an aquarium. Thank you so much for your generosity, hardwork, and time you put into this project.

My husband and I purchased 50 lbs of dry rock last night but we will definitely need more. We may need your expertise on aquascaping! Because the one we have at our house looks like a pile of rocks. :)

That would require the aid of my wife. I tried to do a decent job on my first run and she took one look at it and said, "that's not how it is supposed to look, is it? I'm guessing you just threw everything in there" (that was after 2 hours of my trying to get it to look good).