46 gallons bow front

[Hi:

I am planning to convert my 46 gallons freshwater to saltwater (fish only). Is it possible for me to use my existing fiteration (magnum 350 and 404 fluval canisters)? or i have to get a wet/dry filter? Is it okay to use a hang on protein skimmer?
Thanks]

[I'm new to saltwater. just plan to keep small fishes such as clown fish, angles, and bicolor. Any ideal is welcome.. I am in learning process..]

[Thank you for your advices.

You did sway my decision. Now I'm going to setup 175 gallon reef tank instead of 46 gallon fish tank. I hope I can make it.]

[Wow thats a big swing. You will find that its easier to keep your water parameters inline in the bigger tank. Smaller volumn of water is more easily swayed. I would not do anything not reef ready that size ( but that might just be me ).

That size tank will be very heavy BTW. Keep on your firends good side so they will help you move it.]

[Matt, believe me. Hung Le took a lot of Aspirin and got to sleep in the couch for couple of nights after he talked to his Big Boss( his wife, i meant). LOL. Good luck HUngLe. Need more Aspirin?? i got the EconomySize you have for free. :taz:]

@hungtien wrote:
[Thank you for your advices. You did sway my decision. Now I'm going to setup 175 gallon reef tank instead of 46 gallon fish tank. I hope I can make it.] said:
[HungLe. I dont' see fishy under your name?< I will get mine soon.]