325 Gallons Of Fish Heaven --------------- RIP ZEOvit 138

Thanks for the positive comments guys, im really pumped about this new setup. As far as rock, i had about 60-70 pounds of rock in the 138, and then purchased about 225 pounds of marco rocks. As far as sand, believe it or not i only used (4) 40# bags of the carib sea seaflor special grade reef sand. the depth is about 1.75'' throughout. to me it's the same depth as the 138 which was enough to keep rocks in place as well as allow all of my wrasses plenty of space to bury themselves at night.

So i got the biopellet reactor up and running on Friday. I started with approx 500ml of pellets and will continually add 250ml every two weeks until a target of 1500-1800ml is reached. 1800ml is 75% of max dosage. As far as dosing, I'm dosing for a 300 gallon net system with ZEOvit products for ten days, and then will dose ZEObac and MB7 once weekly along with other ZEO additives. I tested all parameters today, results as follows:
CAL: 415
MAG: 1275
NO3: 2.5ppm
PO4: 0.01ppm
ALK: 9.4
all parameters are in check except ALK. I'd like to get it around 8, which hopefully won't take all that long.

So I'm finally starting to see little patches of light brown on the sand bed. I'm going to start dosing ZEOvit coral snow in conjunction with the ZEObac and the Sponge power over the next few days which should help alleviate this issue. As far as everything else goes, the system seems to be doing ok, as do all of the livestock that i transferred over. If all goes well over the next 12-14 days, i should be able to start adding the first pieces of SPS, along with some other misc soft/LPS and misc sponges/gorgonian. Here's a few pics as of today, tank has cleared up really well.
2012-07-18143052.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-18143114.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-18143129.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-18143204.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-18143225.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-18143242.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-18143259.jpg
alt="">

Looks great. I like how you kept the rock low. I used the same rock but did 300 pounds of it. I like you puffer. What kind is it?

I love the aquascaping I might have to change mine a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! the puffer is a porcupine and so far he's been pretty mellow. The rock scape was a huge focal point for me with this build. i wanted open space on all four sides of the rock as well as plenty of large caves to house fish as they mature and grow. besides the large pillar, i really wanted to keep the rock pretty low to allow for plenty of growth as well as being able to add a diverse variety of corals from top to bottom, without being limited to softies/lps on bottom and then sps on top. i have to say im pretty please so far.

So i went by a friends today and picked up what is the first SPS in the tank, a sunset monti. The frag has been growing under led's it's entire existence and has a slight reddish tint to the orange body, polyps are still bright green. I'm interested to see how its colors remain in my system. i also picked up an aussie blasto, orange plate coral, and a neon green nepthea frag.

So today is day 13 of the tank, day ten of biopellets and ZEOvit dosing. The mini cycle has come and gone, and i'm already seeing an abundance of coepods on the panes of glass--looks like we're headed in the right direction. The brown film is still present in some areas of the system, most has resided. I will now begin dosing ZEObac and MB7 each once weekly as well as begin to fine tune a dosing schedule for the other ZEO additives. I tested all parameters, results as follows:
ALK: 8.79
MAG: 1275-1300
CAL: 400
PO4: 0.01
NO3: 2.5 ppm
The alk has slowly started to drop. Once it reaches about 8.2 I'll have to start fine tuning a dosing schedule for CAL and ALK. I'm going to stay with two part ESV CAL and ALK for now.

An alk of 8.2dKh sounds high since you are running biopellets. Everything is looking good so far. [smilie=smile.gif]

Cheers,

My target for alk is going to be right around 7.5. Once it reaches around 8.2 im going to start testing daily to see the demands of the tank. I find it easier to start a tad higher than my target number that way im not dosing in the dark and testing at the same time.

So i acquired two new fish -- hawaiian naso tang and a purple pseudo. Here's a couple random pics of the tank. Most of the up close coral pics are that of corals that were damaged or discolored when i moved the ZEO 138. Everything is pretty much recovered and most are getting their true coloration back.

2012-07-25184809.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-25185127.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-25185156.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-25185205.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-25185224.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-25185239.jpg
alt="">
2012-07-25185356.jpg
alt="">

So i added 500ml of bio pellets to the existing, total of 1000ml. Everything seems to be going well, i went ahead and added two more sps pieces-- blue and red millepora and an orange guttatus birds as well as a few zoa frags. still fooling around with ALK/CAL dosing amounts per day, will get it worked out though. I'll post pics of the new acquisitions later today

here's the additional list of fish i plan on adding:
Emperor angel
Powder Blue tang
Achilles tang
Bariene tang
Pair Orange clowns
6 Green Chromis
A few misc wrasses

No new fish yet. Im going to add a blue hippo in as well and right now im trying to find an adult emperor 4-5'' as well as a 5-6'' hippo so i can add them at the same time.

That makes sense, I've always wanted a Tang like a hippo. But I only have a 40 breeder so I can't make that dream come true.

well one thing i do know is that there are some absolutely stunning fish that you can put into your 40. just don't do like i did and start adding the first fish you see, be selective because they are normally much easier to add than to take away. LOL