28g nano cube - removing false wall and running external sum

I've been debating doing this so i can use an in-sump cone skimmer with fuge and found this thread: http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/nano-cube-modification-external-sump-160243.html

The only problem is that my nano cube is already stocked and running. I'm trying to think of how i could make this happen. I would need a temporary holding tank to put all of my livestock in for a few days while removing the false wall, drilling the tank, painting the back, and adding silicone for an internal overflow. What type of cheap container can i use for a holding tank, some type of rubbermaid bin?

I haven't measured yet, but it would be nice if a 10g tank fits in the cabinet. What about my sand, should i just siphon this separately after removing the rock into a 5g bucket? The sandbed has plenty of life in it and is relatively clean so i wouldn't mind salvaging it if that's possible.

My girlfriend thinks modding the tank is dumb which it probably is, but i have a vision... I suppose i should probably wait until the petco 1$/gallon sale is back on just in case the drilling of the tank leaves me tankless [smilie=lol.gif] interested to hear others' thoughts

Why bother unless you really like the shape? Its kinda akward IMO. Just buy a tank you like and sell the 28 to coup costs.

I'd just wait for the Petco $1/gallon sale or for someone to sell a 40B or something similar that they picked up at one of those sales. You could also check garage sales but you don't know what you're getting whereas you are getting a new tank with the Petco sale.