240 Gallon Busted! - 300 pictures added!

OMG! My 240 gallon busted in the seam last night what a mess!

Thanks Tri for everything tubs, & lights. We now have to buy a new system so we can save our fish & corals.

Thanks Frank & Tri for trying to get a system this quick! We all know this a holiday week and everything is closing early and closed at the end of the week.

So far we only lost one fish now not sure about the corals as of yet!

Hope everyones week goes better!

oh my, sorry to hear it guys, good luck...as you know, anything i can do let me know but it sounds like you have it handled

Ouch! Sorry to hear this?

I know your #1 concern is your livestock and your home, but snap some pics when you get a second...

Was the leak up high? Down low? On the bottom? Just curious... Also, what make/how old was the tank?

Sorry for so many questions, like I said I understand your mind is elsewhere right now...

Obviously, if there's anything I can do to help just ask, but not sure how much I can do other than offer moral support from over here...

Yikes how old was the tank? Glad that you were able to save most of the fish and hope there is not too much damage to your house.

WOW! Thanks everyone! We could use some help Friday when the new 300 gallon gets delivered to the house. We have to take the broken out and the new one in we have the sump and skimmer still working and the fish and corals in a tub and all the rock in a 100 gallon tub.

The tank was 5 years old when we bought it 2 years ago. We think the presser from the Vortech cause the brace to give way.

Yesterday when Ricky looked at the tank he said it had a bow in the front.

But it gave way in the back where the seam is and blow a chunk out and water went everywhere. Colton held a towel in the hole and Ricky, Ricky, Camerom and I pulled everything out and into the tubs.

@Cheryl wrote:
WOW! Thanks everyone! We could use some help Friday when the new 300 gallon gets delivered to the house. We have to take the broken out and the new one in we have the sump and skimmer still working and the fish and corals in a tub and all the rock in a 100 gallon tub. The tank was 5 years old when we bought it 2 years ago. We think the presser from the Vortech cause the brace to give way. Yesterday when Ricky looked at the tank he said it had a bow in the front. But it gave way in the back where the seam is and blow a chunk out and water went everywhere. Colton held a towel in the hole and Ricky said:
Hi Cheryl,

Sorry to hear this happened to ya'll. Just wondering if ya'll reinforced the floor enough in your house, Could the floor movement when folk's walked near the tank possibly cause this?? Just a thought before ya'll put even more weight in there with the bigger tank. :)

Cheers,

New tank on it's way now on the truck and on the road there saying Friday delivery. We are ready just could use some help.

We still need to get the old one out but we still have everything working just all in tubs so nothing will die and hopefully we want lose anything else and we want have a cycle.

OMG - what a nightmare. Sounds like you were able to save everything but that one fish. I can't imagine what would have happened if you hadn't gotten to it earlier!

Sometimes I think about replacing my tank as a preventive measure...I bought it when it was a couple of years old and now I've had it up for at least 4 years.

Well, now you can change your aquascaping - mine always gets better when I have to do something major. Minor condolence, I know.

Hope you enjoy the new tank - and have some peace of mind - and a bit of fun with the new space.

Tank outside now and now taking everything apart and replacing the floor now because it all got wet and we are putting a bigger one in now and I don't want anymore problems.

I have taken pictures but can't get them to upload.