220G Luxury RV Resort

So I pretty much neglected all my normal Friday activities and spent the day gluing and testing my plumbing. Setback #1, I had a cracked bulkhead. Replaced it and got everything ready to test. Filled the sucker up with a hose- don't want to test it with the expensive stuff.

IMG_0734.JPG
alt="">

So no leaks... Spent a couple hours dialing in and playing with my gate valves on the Herbie drains. I got it completely silent with tap water and fresh PVC so that was encouraging.

Setback #2- with my DC pump on full blast (2200gph) and my massive skimmer, the vibration noise is loud as hell. I spent so much time planning for no water and gurgle noise and now I have pump noise.

Maybe if I use some padding under the entire skimmer and pumps and when I get denser salt water in there it will quiet things down, if not it's a deal breaker, or I suck it up and do the Eheim pump upgrade for my skimmer which are supposed to be very quiet but they are $330 per and I need 2, ouch.

I am going to try putting sound deading foam panels on the inside of my stand. Think of the stuff you line sound studio walls with. Hope it works as it will easily be adding another 1-2 week delay to getting this thing loaded with salt water. I will make two back panels for the stand and then the entire inside of stand will have these on it.

Update- Sound proofing foam sucked. I bought the 2 Eheim pumps for my skimmer, can't think of any way to go quieter. Also, I decided I didn't like the white cabinet on the white walls so trying some slate grey paint. The blue is masking tape where I will leave a little of the white. This should have some good pop and be dark enough to focus on fish, not massive white cabinetry. It's still drying and is just the first coat, but I was trying to get an idea of what it looked like. What do you think?

IMG_0754.JPG
alt="">

I also installed a GFCI socket behind the tank today and removed all of the tap water from when I was testing- thank you wet/dry shop vac!

Finished painting stand and canopy- love it!
[attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373735078.504510.jpg[/attachment]

Putt gutter guard on overflows and back of canopy.
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373735116.620758.jpg[/attachment]

Finally started making sea water!
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373735139.887584.jpg[/attachment]

Put 4 bags of sand from reef rocks in.
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373735295.721045.jpg[/attachment]

Started adding rocks... I ordered 2 boxes from reef rocks and these are the large ones. All others are medium small. Think I'm going to special order a couple more boxes and specify large size rocks.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373735347.620928.jpg[/attachment]

...aquascaping
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373736474.489932.jpg[/attachment]

Goal is two islands with space everywhere, nothing touching any surface except the bottom.

I still have some smaller rocks left. May add more as inspired. May not.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373736567.006054.jpg[/attachment]

about 2 weeks into my cycle. Started playing with some Jebao WP25s you can see them in this pic.

IMG_0809.JPG
alt="">

I am going to mod them to plug directly into the Apex controller.

Also, got some more fun DIY toys in the mail. Here is a sample of my materials

IMG_0810.JPG
alt="">

pretty impressed with the quality of the makersled heatsinks.

IMG_0811.JPG
alt="">

The toys keep arriving in the mail...

This one is going to be awesome. Got a 10V Analog to PWM converter hand built by RC member. Impressive work. I am going to use this to convert the signals from my Apex to PWM to dim my custom DIY LED build.

IMG_0815.JPG
alt="">