180ish In Wall Started

i was gonna move the lines thru the studs when i originally got there but steve wanted to do it this way so i did what he asked lol the customer is always right ha ha

rick

Well when you but a 70" tank in a closet that is about 76" long you have to make sacifices one was i have to have a custom tank that was only 70" and the other was the lines for the water had no where to go in that wall because of the support 2x4's for the header. If i went with only one 2x4 to hold up the header then I would have had room. However, I don't think that is a smart idea. I can live with the lines on the outside. They are not in my way and the tank is in the wall. I can careless about the lines.

Here are my little updates. I am not really happy with how long it has taken me to get this far, but with the cost I have somewhat of a budget each month that I try to keep in mind when I order stuff.

I have put a sub frame around the tank on the viewing side. Still need to trim it out, that is on the bottom of the list and I am still not sure what I am going to do there. I have the tank 1/3 – ½ full with lr and sw, I threw the skimmer in the main tank for now as well.

Last weekend I had the tank drilled for 2 external pumps. I have ordered a Dart for the return and a Sequence Marlin for the skimmer. I know the dart is a little over kill for the return but it will branch off to run any future pumps in the sump like Phosban. Also I was not worried about it being too much flow since you can restrict the output and it actually saves energy and prolongs the pump life. I was sold on the Dart after running my CL and not even being able to tell the pump is on. It is virtually silent, amazing with how much water it moves.

The 2 pumps on order should be here next week and the last main project I have is to hook up the dedicated 20 amp circuits. I blew my budget this month on the 2 pumps so probably the first part of next month I will have all the electrical work done…that is unless I get impatient and blow my budget again.

Sorry for the long post here are some pictures. The first pic. is with just 1 of the 3 250W MH on. It is an Ushio 10K I am very happy with the color very crisp white.

Steve: Glad you decided to not paint the tank. This is almost always a mistake. You never know when you may need to look for a missing fish or nem. Or you may change your mind someday about making this project viewable from two rooms. So far it looks great.

So I did some work today and weekends prior, just never updated. I have my Skimmer plumbed and my return now plumbed as well. So I have all 3 pumps up and running. Today I took all the LR out of the tank that had just been thrown in there to keep it wet. I added the sand bed to the display and did some aquascaping. To be honest I am not completely happy with the aquascaping but it will do for now. I didn’t really want the wall of LR or piles of LR, but I have a spray bar and I did not want to see that. So this is what I ended up with.

Here is a picture of most of the LR. My guestimation is that I have over 200lbs.
LiveRock.jpg
alt="">

Second pic is of the 75G sump. The middle section where you see the LR will be a 7” DSB. You also can see some of the plumbing. Dart for the return and the bigger pump is a UNO series pump by sequence it is pressure rated for my Beckette skimmer.
75gSump.jpg
alt="">

Here is my aquascaping after most of the sand has settled. Ignore the heater they will be in the sump when I get my electrical work completed.
2-3-07Display.jpg
alt="">

Here is a pic of some of my left over LR I have lots left. Probably trade it for some Tonga branch.
LeftOverLR.jpg
alt="">

Plus I have all the LR in my 30g that will eventually be taken down. So I have LR coming out of my ears right now.
2-3-0730G.jpg
alt="">[/img]

I'm all caught up. :)

Check your tank for ammonia in the next couple of days. Exposing your LR to air for a while can cause it, especially if there were sponges on/in the rocks.